Systems Engineer (Linux/Windows)
Company: ConsultNet, LLC
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Job DescriptionTitle: Systems Engineer (Linux/Windows)Location:
Bronx, NYContract to Hire OR Direct Hire w/ClientJOB
- Perform installation, configuration, patching, and overall
maintenance of company's Enterprise Linux infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor system performance and conduct capacity
- Work with other System Engineers to troubleshoot and solve
complex Linux/Unix and Windows Server problems to support the
company's core and critical applications.
- Complete work in a timely manner ensuring the meeting of both
assigned tasks and project-specific work deadlines.
- Works both individually and in a collaborative environment to
resolve technical problems, efficiently and effectively.
- Gather system specifications and utilize cross-team subject
matter experts, industry best practices, and vendor specifications
to implement new infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate directly with organizational stakeholdersto ensure
their requirements are met.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Linux/Unix
infrastructure to increase reliability and continuity for
- Create and maintain documentation for all configuration and
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security,
efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Support Research and High Performance Computing Systems and
- Work on and complete tickets timely and with quality to ensure
optimal turnaround times and customer satisfaction.
- Available to be part of an off hours on-call rotation with
other members of the technical team.
- All other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Experience and
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of related IT experience and
relevant technical training is required. An equivalent combination
of education and prior related experience will also be considered.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) minimum, Red Hat Certified
Architect ( RHCA) preferred
- 7+ years Linux experience. Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems design, development,
maintenance techniques, and processes.
- Linux RHEL 6+, CentOS 6+, Ubuntu.
- Bash, Python, and PowerShell Scripting ability.
- Experience with VMware.
- Networking experience, ICOS, Cisco switches.
- RHEL Satellite and NGINX experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Kerberos, LDAP, NFS, SAN storage, and
networking concepts including load balancing for application
- Experience configuring server automation and configuration
management tools (ex. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 server experience.
- Experience with Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes) a
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience a plus
- Excellent and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple
- Excellent Documentation skills required.
- Experience working in a research environment is a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour as required. Be a part of
the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT
staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to
startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America.
Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding
opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that
have surefire results. In the past two years alone, we have placed
more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or
direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key
to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals.
For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work.
Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major
markets throughout the country, see more at - provided by Dice
Keywords: ConsultNet, LLC, New Rochelle , Systems Engineer (Linux/Windows), IT / Software / Systems , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!