Company: Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey,
Job Description Form
Position Title: Job Developer (FT) Department: New Jersey Program &
Reports To (Title): Coordinator of Placement Services Cost Center:
Position Type: Entry-Level (3 yrs experience or less)
Supervising Staff: NO
Develop job opportunities for Rehab consumers who are sponsored by
funding sources including but not limited to DVR & CBVI. Schedule
interviews and follow up with employers to make placements. Build
and maintain employer relationships and contacts by visiting
employers in the community. Maintain documentation of placement
services rendered and employment verifications. Complete internal
statistical reports and progress reports for funding sources.
Ensure employer satisfaction with program/placement services and
candidates. Plan and implement job fairs. Liaison with local
business community. Become familiar with labor laws, demand
occupations and ADA.
In first 90 days on the job: -
30 days - Develop 15 jobs, schedule 5 interviews, place 1 consumer,
and accrue 75 billable hours per month.
60 days - Develop 20 jobs, schedule 8 interviews, place 2
consumers, and accrue 85 billable hours per month.
90 days - Develop 25 jobs, schedule 13 interviews, place 3
consumers, and accrue 95 billable hours per month.
- After the 90-day introductory period is completed develop 25
community-based job opportunities, schedule 15 interviews, place 5
consumers, and accrue at least 100 billable hrs. per month
- Contact employers and determine job openings for consumers
based on the employment goals provided by the Coordinator.
- Meet with employers, complete employer profile and task
analysis paperwork at company site and submit to Coordinator upon
completion of the employer site visit.
- Educate employers about disability issues, ADA issues, tax
credits and job modifications.
- Communicate job description/job responsibilities effectively to
the Coordinator and other job developers.
- Assist placement staff with understanding the company's
application process, and investigating transportation options to
and from the employer job site.
- Educate consumers about how working may impact other benefits
that they currently receive. Connect consumers to Benefit
Counseling Services as needed.
- Meet individual and team revenue goals. - Track # of service
hours provided to each consumer; submit activity reports on time
(within 5 business days) to request vouchers for additional hours
when needed. - Complete all job development logs on a weekly
- Completes all Preplacement logs and case notes in a timely
manner as per the case note and paperwork compliance procedure. All
case notes for the week need to be completed on Fridays by COB and
forwarded to the Coordinator of Placement Services along with the
- Must become familiar with CARF regulations and assure that
services provided and documentation maintained is CARF
- Meet individual and team revenue goals.
- Enter consumer information into Foothold Awards
- Communicate with referral sources DVR, CBVI and private funders
as per the funder communication follow-up procedure.
- Attend all rehab and staff meetings as required. (Other duties
and assignments as may be assigned at the sole discretion of the
- BA preferred but will accept relevant work experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and ongoing access to
transportation to travel to employers in counties throughout
Northern New Jersey.
- Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Navigate and negotiate through difficult situations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
- This position does not supervise others. The Job Developer must
work effectively as a partner with other job developers, job
coaches and other rehab staff.
Special Working Conditions: Describe unusual working conditions or
- Job developer is expected to work in the community in addition
to the main office. Conditions at employer locations may vary.
Keywords: Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York, New Rochelle , Job Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!