Field Service Technician I
Posted on: June 21, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your
role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around
the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where
your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Field Service Technician I performs multiple functions related
to product readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of
rental and customer owned medical products. Additionally, will
provide 24/7 delivery, removal, and service support for products in
service centers and customer accounts in a timely and professional
manner. This position requires operating a fleet vehicle in a safe
manner as well as direct customer contact. Cleaning, disinfecting,
operational function checks, and minor repairs of Hillrom and
non-Hillrom products will be expected. Performance of minor repairs
and routine parts exchange will be expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be
* Attend monthly safety meetings.
* Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and
* Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning
modules on a timely basis.
* Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
* Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S
* Safely operate a fleet vehicle ranging in size from a cargo van
up to a 26,000 pound truck.
* Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate
processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedure
DELIVERY & REMOVAL
* Ability to load, unload, deliver, and remove wheeled medical
products, weighing up to 1680 pounds, to and from customer
accounts, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety
* Ability to move and maneuver medical products within Hill Rom
service centers, healthcare facilities, and private homes,
unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
* Ability to maneuver and secure medical products within truck
beds, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety
* Ability to perform constant sitting for up to 4 hours in
combination with high levels of vibration while driving a fleet
* Ability to assist nursing staff in transferring patients from
existing beds onto medical products or interim stretchers.
REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
* Ability to perform sweeping, mopping, and all other general
* Ability to troubleshoot and complete minor repairs to Hill-Rom
products to correct problems pertaining to electrical, mechanical,
hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic features, unassisted.
* Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on
various Hill-Rom products.
* Ability to perform pre installation maintenance, including
'preventive maintenance' and 'between patient inspection' and
modification procedures on various Hill-Rom products, unassisted,
* Ability to visually, audibly, and manually inspect Hill-Rom
products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or
cosmetic problems requiring adjustment or repair.
* Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required
adjustments and repairs.
* Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and
* Ability to provide on-call coverage, up to 24/7 basis including
weekends and holidays, which may require customer account
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of
* Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and organize
effectively to satisfy customer demands.
* Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various
customer demands, scheduling conflicts, driving conditions, and
other factors beyond the control of the Field Service Tech I.
* Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and
forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
* Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins
pertaining to the repair and maintenance of Hill-Rom products.
* Ability to navigate a various electronic devices (i.e. PC, smart
phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to obtain
and enter information. Complete data analysis and interpretation as
PRESENT AND TRAIN
* Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information
to customers and coworkers to conduct:
* In-service training sessions to hospital staff and caregivers
* Product demonstrations
* Participation in team meetings
* Feedback of field activities
* Cross training of coworkers to complete both service center and
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
* Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated
* Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
* Previous driving/delivery experience preferred
* Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the Microsoft
Office Suite of products
* Valid driver's license and driving record that meets company
standards and state requirements
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT physical card required
* Schedule flexibility/on-call
* Occasional overnight travel may be required
* Occasional overtime required
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to manage time effectively
* Ability to resolve conflict
* Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply
technical information including but not limited to technical
manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
* Effectively present information both verbal and written in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization
* Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing
weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical
requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration
unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that
the physical requirement is an essential job function and the
applicant is unable to perform such function with or without
* Walk, climb, stand, stoop, kneel and bend at the waist
* Responsible for adhering to Hillrom Safety Procedures.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Must wear personal protective equipment including but not limited
to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing.
Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials.
* Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be
present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Keywords: Baxter, New Rochelle , Field Service Technician I, IT / Software / Systems , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!