Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Teladoc Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Simply stated, Teladoc Health exists to empower people to live
better and healthier lives. This is your chance to help to build
and scale Teladoc Health platform during a time of tremendous
growth and product expansion.
- Play a technical leadership role within Teladoc's Stability and
- Lead efforts to refactor existing monolith codebase to embrace
a microservices architecture
- Establish a center of excellence (CoE) on designing scalable
software solutions and enterprise platforms
- Drive the resolution of production impacting incidents that
impact the core monolith while identifying and remediating root
- Play a critical technical role in Teladoc's migration to
- Address critical software security vulnerabilities as they are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent
experience) required; Master's degree in information technology or
computer sciences preferred, or equivalent provable experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of related work experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Git, SQL, APIs and Kafka
- Knowledge of modern technologies like GitHub, Continuous
Integration, etc. preferred.
- Active social media or conference presence for the Open-Source
community is a big plus
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework is required.
- 5+ years' experience developing API services or enterprise
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting REST APIs, gRPC or
graphQL, highly scalable systems, and event-driven architecture
- Experience optimizing relational databases, such as MySQL.
- Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS,
SSL, S3, etc.
- Experience with contemporary Cloud Service Provider (CSP)
platforms, such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with capacity management, with an emphasis on
scaling legacy systems.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as
- Proficient understanding of unit testing and integration
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Approaches engineering requests from a user's vantage point to
form architectural and technical requirements.
- Stays well-informed of emerging technologies and software
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Knowledge of professional software development life cycle best
practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and
- Takes proactive initiative on all projects with a strong sense
of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to accept new
challenges, take ownership, and be adaptable.
- A recognized leader within one or more domains, working
knowledge of all enterprise domains
- Work cross-functionally with many teams: Engineering, product,
technical operations, Data Science, etc...
- Capacity to work effectively with customers and/or internal
partners to invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure
they meet or exceed customer needs and team goals.
- Proficient in data management and different database
technologies, including SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and
The base salary range for this position is$152,000 to $193,000.In
addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for
performance bonus, RSU's, and benefits (subject to eligibility
requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2022. Total
compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited
to, type of position, location, education level, work experience,
and certifications. This information is applicable for all
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the
healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in
whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health
signals and personalized interactions to drive better health
outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a
person's health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS
for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more
than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the
growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top
employer by numerous media and professional organizations.
Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this
fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal
and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based
solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which
those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new
Growth and Innovation: We've already made healthcare yet remain on
the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our
mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will
discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age,
race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee
organization, medical condition, family history, genetic
information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or
Keywords: Teladoc Health, New Rochelle , Sr. Manager, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Purchase, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!