Lawn Care Specialist
Company: Almstead Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care Company
Location: New Rochelle
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Almstead Tree and Shrub Care is a second-generation,
family-owned arboriculture firm that has been offering
environmentally conscious services the NY, NJ, and CT tri-state
area since 1964. We are a TCIA accredited company that values our
employee's professional aspirations, career development, safety and
quality of life.
We are looking for passionate professionals who want to enhance
their career! We offer generous compensation, year-round work, paid
time off, health and retirement benefits, inclusive company culture
and so much more! If you are ready to enjoy going to work every
day, come grow with us!
Work with the latest technology and information in treating our
customers' Lawn Care problems. Identify different grass and weed
types, as well as indicators of possible lawn health problems.
Evaluate, monitor and treat for weed, insect, disease, soil, and
cultural conditions. Work closely with arborists, providing
critical feedback and recommending the appropriate treatments to
lawn care problems.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental
- Evaluate recommended treatment options
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment
- Learn/understand insect & disease life cycles, nutrient cycles,
plant biology, and soil biology
- Properly apply fertilizers, weed control and other materials to
- Perform accurate and timely recordkeeping
- Maintain safe and controlled work environment
- Adhere to company safety, state and local regulations; operate,
calibrate and maintain equipment
- Maintain open communication with consulting arborists and
clients to provide feedback on lawn care issues
- Work as part of plant health care or tree care crew during slow
- Two year degree in turfgrass management, agronomics,
arboriculture, horticulture (or related field), or minimum two
years industry/field experience
- Possess appropriate state pesticide applicators license, or
ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Knowledge of common cool season turfgrass types and issues
- Knowledge of local tree and shrub species a plus
- NOFA OLC certification a plus but not required
- Must have valid driver's license
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical and
dental plans with employer contribution, 401K retirement savings
plan, paid time off, and more!
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Keywords: Almstead Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care Company, New Rochelle , Lawn Care Specialist, Other , New Rochelle, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!