Admitting Representative (Per Diem)
Company: Long Island Jewish Medical Center (New Hyde Park,
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Description Responsibilities Include:
- Admits incoming patients to the facility.
- Conducts interviews to obtain relevant demographic and
insurance data; obtains appropriate signatures on medical, legal
and financial forms.
- Greets patients and/or visitors to the facility in a courteous
- Provides interpretation of Hospital policies and regulations to
patients including, but not limited to visiting hours, patient
rights, services etc.
- Communicates and collects account balances, deductibles and
co-payment responsibilities; reconciles at day end.
- Enters patient information into Hospital Information System,
verifies accuracy. Re-verifies demographics and insurance of
- Verifies insurance, as needed, for successful billing (benefit
coverage/limits, co-pay/deductible amounts, authorization and
pre-certification and referral requirements, etc.)
- Performs financial assessments of patients who are uninsured,
makes appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
- Provides patients with direction or assistance to appropriate
department or assigned room, when necessary.
- Assigns online account number; collaborates with Medical
Records to identify if patient was previously admitted.
- Contacts scheduled patients to verify time of admission;
notifies nursing unit/clinical area of patients arrival; arranges
for transport or escorts patient to room or clinical
- Prepares charts, registration forms and related patient
- Ensures completed chart is forwarded to nursing unit/clinical
- Schedules patients for admission, outpatient procedures, tests,
- Maintains logs, completes various forms related to, but not
limited to death and/or fetal certificates in accordance with
Department of Health and internal procedures. Answers phones,
maintains files, inventory. Informs manager of all activities,
needs and problems.
- Performs related duties, as required. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, hospital admission,
insurance/billing procedures and Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs),
- Ability to communicate effectively, required.
Keywords: Long Island Jewish Medical Center (New Hyde Park, , New Rochelle , Admitting Representative (Per Diem), Other , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!