Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Services is actively recruiting for a Senior Cosmetic
Chemist.----This is a Direct Hire opportunity located in Paramus,
New Jersey.----Job Summary: The Senior Chemist is responsible for
formulating all types of skin care, sun care, color cosmetics, and
hair care products.-- This position will provide high level
technical support assisting sales staff and customers, attend
customer visits to give presentations, and assist in training of
distributers.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Understand--materials and technologies and develop formulations
to demonstrate the benefits and applications of these materials and
- Perform customer focused formulation work based on
- Create solutions through creativity and resourcefulness.
- Reformulate and resubmit based on feedback.
- Maintain focus on application and formulation of personal care
products (color/skin/hair care).
- Develop detailed lab scale process for success. This includes
order of addition, critical raw materials and processing
parameters, bench standard and benchmark, and lab scale preliminary
specification and test results.
- Create new raw material applications and formulations as well
as new consumer end product applications and formulations. Maintain
continuous improvement of existing raw material applications and
- Develop technical methodologies and out of the box thinking for
illustrating proof of concept.
- Provide technical support to sales staff and customer;
participate on account teams and teleconferences.
- Participate in training of distributors/customers with the
ability to conduct the training when needed.
- Prepare and present technical presentations on independent
- Work closely with junior chemists and technicians to teach,
coordinate, and collaborate on projects leading to well-planned and
executed bench work and successful sample submissions.
- Local travel to customers and trade shows, which may involve
domestic flying. International travel may be considered. Typical
travel requirements are 15%. Travel amounts may fluctuate based on
- --Understand competitive environments in silicone and other raw
material technologies and maintain awareness of industry
- Meet with raw material vendors to learn about new technologies
and new raw materials that can be utilized to create/improve
innovative technology offerings.
- Collaborate as a key team member contributing innovative ideas,
expertise, knowledge, and experiences with a strong team
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.Requirements of
Education & Experience includes:----
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry is strongly preferred
but will consider other science related degrees.
- 5+ years' experience of emulsion formulating and in-depth
experience managing product development from inception, through
testing, scale up, and transition to manufacturing required.
- Hair care experience is a plus.
- Read and interpret written instructions and analyze data.
- Strong scientific summarizing skills (experimental results and
- Ability to evaluate formulas, interpret results and communicate
- Proficient with operating the following instrumentation:
viscometer, pH meter, homogenizer, and microscope.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively as a leader and within a team
- Ability to present in both a large and small public
- Function as a team member in a closely knit group.
- Provide technical advice, support, guidance and development to
less experienced team members.
- Driven, detail oriented, self-starter able to handle
challenging technical business needs and opportunities.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with limited
- Independent thinker capable of working in a collaborative
- Identify and eliminate potential problem areas with "out of the
box" thinking style.
- Ability to wear all required PPE.If interested and qualified,
please submit your resume for immediate
consideration.------#TJP20201_SPEC--Why Kelly--?Kelly Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, New Rochelle , Chemist, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!