Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand
in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in
North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists
contribute to the research and development of the next generation
of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular
therapies.OverviewThe laboratory supervisor is responsible for
managing all aspects of clinical section of the lab, ensuring that
each of the staff under his/her supervision follows the proper
protocols of the alb.-- Thus, ensuring accurate and precise
reporting of patients results in a timely
- Overview of the laboratory upon arrival, which should include
communicating with the evening supervisor/manager and getting an
update about the status of the lab, reading the communication log,
and review anything that requires immediate attention or any other
issues which need to be resolved.
- Review the status of the pending STATS or critical results not
- Scheduling tasks and rotating staff in different
- Training staff and in case any of the staff member needs
retraining, inform Laboratory Manager to arrange the retraining
- During each shift supervisor should keep a visual check on and
ongoing working process from time to time and resolving the issues
if any pops up during the shift.
- Ensure that at least one instrument is always available for
- Make sure technician at the chemistry station is reviewing
patient results on a regular basis on CentraLink
- Mare sure all daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance is
performed on schedule and all maintenance is documented.
- Ensure reagent log in all departments are maintained and open
expiry date should be placed on all open reagents, QC, and
- WUD maintenance on all instruments should be monitored on a
- Complete supervisor review form
- Complete and use communication log on a regular basis before
- Provide quality assurance, quality control, and proficiency
testing functions to meet all regulatory and accreditation
- Tabulates statistical data and ensures critical values are
- Provide direction by communicating with staff.
- Create a cohesive environment and promote teamwork within the
- Maintain and troubleshoot instruments.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.--
- Ensure safety standards and proper work habits are
- Act as working manager that requires a physical presence in the
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and set priorities in a
fast-changing, results-oriented environment.
- Ensure timely review, release, and printing of client
- Evaluate quality of administration so performance standards are
maintained for reporting test results, documenting validity,
reliability, accuracy, precision, and performance characteristics
of each test and each test system.
- Ensure remedial action is taken promptly when test do not
perform to specification.
- Directs compliance of regulation standards and changes in test
- Coordinate company objectives with CLIA standards and establish
- Represent company for regulatory agencies such as CLIA, and
CAP, including responsibility for regulatory inspections.
- A bachelor's degree in a related scientific field.
- A New York State (NYS) certification in Clinical Laboratory
- Certification as an MLT or MT from a nationally accredited
- At least six years laboratory experience with a strong base in
technical knowledge of concepts, principles, practices,
methodologies, and instrumentation of each discipline of laboratory
science and technology in performing complex analytical
- Strong organizational and complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to institute continuous quality improvement principles
to produce the best possible laboratory data.
- Excellent communications skills and strong computer
- Prior supervisory experience in a laboratory setting.
- Prior experience in a leadership position for CAP inspections
and laboratory compliance.#TJP2021_SPECWhy Kelly--?Kelly Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, New Rochelle , Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!