Warehouse Assistant Manager
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Wine.com is looking for a new high potential leader to fill a
Warehouse Assistant Manager role in our Long Island NY Logistics
Center. As a leader for Wine.com you will have the opportunity to
coach and develop your own team of warehouse professionals. Your
main focus will be motivating, mentoring and managing your team to
better serve the Wine.com customers. This role will be responsible
for coordinating and maximizing the efficiency of all inbound and
outbound operations during their assigned shift. The Warehouse
Assistant Manager will also be responsible for driving conformance
to established policies and procedures. They will have day-to-day
oversight and participation in all logistic center functions.
Including purchasing, receiving, inventory management, order
fulfillment and overall logistic center operations.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse
activities, cycle counts and deliveries.
- Researches inventory discrepancies utilizing shipping documents
and ERP program.
- Ensure incoming inventory is accurately received and put away
in appropriate warehouse location.
- Participate and lead monthly inventory counts, including the
research and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Assist General Manager in controlling the physical condition of
the warehouse and delivery equipment, facilities, grounds etc.
- Participate in the recruiting, training and daily managing of
the logistic center staff. Ensure optimum staffing levels are
- Assist General Manager by providing leadership and establishing
clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work
practices and productivity.
- Identify, correct and minimize common shipping problems.
- Use reports to actively monitor the order fulfillment process
ensuring accurate picking, check invoicing and shipping of all
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transportation.
- Inspire great work ethic, hard work, reliability, discipline
amongst the warehouse team by being exemplary.
- Maintain a high standard of organization and cleanliness of the
- Perform all tasks and duties that affect all aspects of the
logistic center function.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of warehouse/logistic center management
experience in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong inventory management skills.
- Supply Chain Management background.
- Ability to run and analyze different operations report and use
them to make necessary decisions.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated people
management and personnel skills. Organized, systematic and good
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse /logistic center functions and
practices with demonstrated ability to effectively manage in a
fast-paced environment. Ability to focus and maintain accuracy
during repetitive tasks.
- Computer literacy and solid understanding of MS Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel) and warehouse management systems.
- Ability to skillfully operate powered material handling
- Ability to lead by example, communicate with confidence and
build respect with peers and staff.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level with people at
all levels in the company.
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift and carry 40 plus pounds
and to stand/walk for 8 hours or more each day.
- Enjoy being part of a small team in a busy logistic center
Essential Job Functions
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a
computer, printer, telephone, as well as other business
- Must be able to read and write in English, Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to read with or without corrective lenses.
- Physical demands will involve bending, stooping, lifting,
grasping, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects weighing as
much as 40lbs. This may occur several times in a day.
- Must be able to work extended hours, days, weekends if
- Due to the demands of the job during the holiday season, they
may be the need to work long hour days in order to meet customer
- Other requirements include mental alertness, attention to
detail, strong reasoning and leadership skills, and the ability to
supervise and be a team player.
- Required to work and perform activities involving being around
moving machinery, lifting, carrying, pushing heavy weights,
squatting, bending, climbing, reaching.
- Ability to work in an environment that may be stressful due to
adversarial situations resulting from the performance of the
department's mission and seasonal demands of Wine.com
- May be required to participate in more than one assignment at a
time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays. Must be able
to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and
harmoniously under such circumstances.
- The primary work area is a warehouse with exposure to noise and
marked changes in temperature and humidity and possible exposure to
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer. Our mission is to
promote the wine lifestyle through innovation by providing
customers with selection, guidance, convenience, and value not
common in stores. Located between California's wine country and
Silicon Valley, we're passionate about using technology to offer
the world of wine at your fingertips. Unique in its industry,
Wine.com owns a proprietary network of wine fulfillment centers
which delivers in one or two days to most of the country. For more
information, visit our website at www.wine.com.
Wine.com is committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect and equal opportunity employment to all.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Wine.com, New Rochelle , Warehouse Assistant Manager, Other , Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!