Physician Assistant (Bronx, NY, Us)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Montefiore seeks a board eligible/board certified Physician
Assistant for the Division of Critical Care Medicine. This unit has
a staff of over 40 PAs who cover 6 ICUs including medical,
surgical, neuroscience, cardiothoracic, and a surgical SPCU at our
Moses and Weiler campuses. The PA works in collaboration with
physicians, nurses and administrative staff to provide
comprehensive health care, and plan of care within a fully
integrated service responsible for 24/7 coverage of adult medical,
surgical, cardiothoracic, and neuroscience ICUs.
In this role, the PA will:
- Provide medical care within the PA scope of practice in
collaboration with the staff physician to critical care patients.
This includes but is not limited to: history and physicals,
invasive procedures, progress notes, and imaging and laboratory
- The critical care service currently provides ICU cares in
multiple environments with critical care trained physician
collaboration, fellows and PA residents.
- Function as a communication liaison between patient/family,
consultants, and multi-professional teammates.
- Join a team of 35 MDs and 42 PAs.
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record
- Schedule details: Day and Night shifts 37.5hrs/week. Two
- Training: Minimum of three months, to include mentored shifts,
ENLS (emergency neurological life support), FCCS (fundamentals of
critical care support), and basic critical care
- Other Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to
also include generous time off, annual CME allowance, a retirement
plan, and much more.
A qualified candidate will be a graduate of an accredited
Physician Assistant program. Have a current NYS PA license. Be
certified through the NCCPA and meet threshold
criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
2 years as a PA in critical care, surgery, or medicine is
preferred, but willing to train a new grad.
PA Associates enjoy access to career training and advancement
opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance; low to zero cost
- 37 Days of Paid time off which includes vacation days, sick
days and holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Retirement benefits -403b plan through Fidelity.
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member purchase discounts
Department: Critical Care Medicine Bargaining Unit: Non Union
Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 111
East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 6:30 AM-7 PM Req ID: 145033
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and
discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to
their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or
citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability,
history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy,
military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Montefiore, New Rochelle , Physician Assistant (Bronx, NY, Us), Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!