Theater Activity Instructor After-School at P.S. 246
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
The Activity Instructor plans and implements a variety of
theater based activities with the goal of enriching the experience
of after-school program and lives of our program participants. The
instructorshould be open to collaboration with another specialist
to create a show
Reports to: Program Director
Location: 2641 Grand Concourse, Bronx, New York 10468
Hours: Up to 18 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
- Create and facilitate theater groups for participants.
- Develop theater curriculum for program participants that
promotes creativity, self-esteem, cultural awareness and
- Assist in development and implementation of culminating events
- Responsible for the setup, operation and clean up of activities
and the organization, inventory and storing of relevant supplies
- Articulate expectations to group leaders and program aides on
what aspect of the class work needs to be strengthened and
practiced in preparation for the next class.
- Participate in staff trainings, meetings and development
activities as specified
- Attend all staff meetings and staff development training
sessions, as specified.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; some college in a related
- Experience in developing group lesson plans and leading group
- Must be able to engage young people and set structure and
limits in a group setting.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, organizational, and
- Capability to transition easily between working independently
with a high degree of self- initiative and working a part of a
- Proven participant sensibility and ability to communicate with
staff on all levels.
- Prior experience in an after-school setting preferred.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or
youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Theater Activity Instructor After-School at P.S. 246, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!