Lead Teacher of Early Education (UPK) - Soundview, Bronx
Company: HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Lead Teacher of Early Education (UPK) - Soundview,
Homes for the Homeless, Inc is actively seeking a UPK Lead
Teacher for our Early Childhood Education Center in Community
Residential Resource Center (CRRC) providing transitional shelter
for families with children experiencing homelessness. The Lead
Teacher will manage the CRRC's Department of Education-contracted
Universal Pre-K classroom at this facility. Qualified candidates
will have experience working with high-needs children and be able
to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the families we
serve. This position is an excellent opportunity for an
enthusiastic education professional to develop a high-quality
program that meets the needs of a high-risk, vulnerable
ABOUT HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC.
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. is a non-profit social services
organization operating family shelters throughout NYC that serve as
a hub of opportunity for families both residing in shelter as well
as those in the neighboring community. On-site programs range from
childcare, early childhood education centers, afterschool clubs and
programs, and youth recreation activities, such as sports teams, to
housing assistance, case management, parenting workshops, career
and job vocational training, support groups and substance abuse
assistance, and family engagement and recreation events for the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Lead, coach, and mentor less experienced teachers in your
- Actively create and maintain a child-oriented, trauma-sensitive
atmosphere to foster growth and development.
- Ensure developmentally appropriate and integrated curriculum
providing for the educational, physical, and hygienic care of the
- Develop lesson plans and routines that are responsive to
children's strengths, interests, and needs, and align with the
Department of Education units of study.
- Maintain a clean, bright and active classroom environment.
- Collaborate with administration and other department directors
regarding progress and needs of children.
- Conduct and further develop progress assessments.
- Provide information to parents regarding child development and
engage parents in the child's education process.
- Liaise with appropriate City agencies including DOE and
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in early childhood education or a
related field, and a NYS teaching certification
- At least two years of experience as a group teacher in a
program for children under 6 years of age.
- Kind, creative, flexible and caring personality.
- Must be willing to consent to a multi-phase criminal background
- Sensitivity and awareness while working with homeless and
- Ability to lift 40 or more pounds.
- Ability to sit on the floor, bend down, and pick up children
throughout the course of an eight-hour shift.
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Homes
for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment,
with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life balance. In
addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent benefits
including comprehensive health insurance (including medical,
dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan,
commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance Program, 3
weeks paid vacation, and ample personal and sick leave.
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive
organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and
prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age,
race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation,
veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth
and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity
and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic
characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic
violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC, New Rochelle , Lead Teacher of Early Education (UPK) - Soundview, Bronx, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!