Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
Company: Excellence Community Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Excellence Community Shool is a Charter Management Organization
(CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY, and Stamford, CT. Our
programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which
originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for
Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to
and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by
cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and
We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous
academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye
towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a
supportive and caring environment that at all times has high
expectations of all students.
We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment
that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking
skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach
to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of
- Create academically rigorous lesson plans, materials, and
assessments, and differentiate lesson plans as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including
scholars, families, and staff.
- Supports the emotional and behavioral development of all
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development,
grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Participate in staff professional development on an ongoing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- New York State Teaching Certification required for grades (K-8)
- Two years of teaching experience with a proven record of high
student achievement required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work with scholars with a variety of learning
abilities, including those with special needs and low skill level
in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting required.
- Ability to work individually as well as a part of a team
- Analytical problem-solving skills required.
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal
development of our students required.
- A deep desire to work with educationally underserved student
populations and their families required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
strong public speaking skills required.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced
with unexpected challenges required.
- An ability and desire to manage multiple projects at once
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org or www.bronxexcellence.org.
Keywords: Excellence Community Schools, New Rochelle , Middle School English Language Arts Teacher, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!