Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit
organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to
prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top
public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their
intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical
development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx
Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence
(Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by
offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at
the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We
achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all
times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to
provide an array of college and career readiness services on the
Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum.
These services focus on the development of the whole child,
empowering the family and transforming communities.
The School Aide is responsible for providing support to school
operations, teachers, and students in all areas of instruction and
the learning environment. This school aide reports to the
• Supervising student arrivals, dismissal, and
• Supervising sessions of recess and lunch.
• Assisting teachers during assigned specials classes such as art,
music, dance, science, Spanish and Physical Education on a daily
• Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of
school environments (classroom, restroom, hallway, recess, busing,
field trips, lunch, playground, etc.)
• Assists with keeping students on task and provide additional
assistance to individual students or small groups who need extra
help or monitoring.
• Maintains a neat and orderly classroom by straightening out
chairs, tables, & clearing chalkboards, etc.
• Assisting operational and teaching staff with tasks that include
but are not limited to:
• Maintaining storage and supply areas.
• Assisting with unpacking/checking of materials.
• Maintaining student files.
• Updating bulletin boards throughout the building.
• Making copies and distributing materials to classes or
• Supporting after-school and family events, as necessary.
• Modeling/promoting, to create a cohesive school culture of
academic success and family.
• Supporting and covering in classrooms as needed.
• Supporting the school as directed by the Dean, Chief Academic
Officer, and Assistant Chief Academic Officers.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
• At least 2 years of experience in an urban school setting
• Strong commitment to an inclusion model of education
• Ability to build strong elementary school culture and positive
• Ability to execute good judgment with an ability to navigate
challenging situations required.
• Strong work ethic, self- reflective, and continuously seeks new
challenges to learn new things & grow & improve performance is
• Ability to work as a team with others and collaborate effectively
with colleagues required.
• Ability to take ownership & sets high expectations for all
aspects of the school required.
• A track record of strong quantitative student achievement results
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org or www.bronxexcellence.org.