Art Activity Instructor CS 300
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
The Activity Instructor will help participants to create
individual and group pieces of artwork using a variety of
techniques, styles and media.
Reports to: PROGRAM Director, CS 300
Location: 2050 Prospect Avenue, Bronx New York 10457
Hours: Up to 18 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
- Design and facilitate art groups for participants.
- Develop curriculum for participants.
- Teach participants various artistic techniques, styles, forms,
etc. and how to use artistic tools and supplies.
- Submit lesson/activity plans in advance.
- Plan and implement a culminating event or project.
- Completes daily progress reports.
- Arrange setup, operation and clean up of activities and the
organization, inventory and storing of relevant supplies and
- Attends all staff meetings and staff development training
sessions, as specified.
- Guides program participants in examining choices, following
directions and becoming involved in program activities.
- High School Diploma or GED required, plus demonstrable
expertise and experience in the arts; Some college and experience
with youth preferred.
- Must be able to engage young people and set structure and
limits in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or
youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Art Activity Instructor CS 300, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!