Company: New York Botanical Garden
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Office Manager is responsible for all day-to-day
administrative and office functions within the Administration
Division (HR, Volunteers, Mail-room, Reception) and assures
communication and coordination between other Garden departments in
the ordering of supplies, uniforms and copiers. Assists the
division in executing and managing data entry into HRIS system, HR
projects, reporting, and other tasks as needed.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and
conduct, NYBG's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive
organization culture throughout the institution.
The New York Botanical Garden is committed to a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive work environment, and further recognizes
that diversity in our workforce fosters excellence in our mission
of advocating for the plants of the world. Leveraging the strong
foundation of existing policies and practices, NYBG will advance
diversity, equity, and inclusion through a number of institutional
initiatives presented in this plan. Our aspiration is to continue
to cultivate a workforce and institution that is as diverse as the
communities we serve and the audiences we engage.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs data entry into HRIS system and Personnel Action Form
- Coordinate Employee, Retiree and Volunteer Recognition
programs; General Staff Meetings, and other events.
- Track distribution and receipt of annual employee
- Manages (with the VP) contract and price negotiations with
office vendors, service providers and leased equipment.
- Oversees the ordering of institutional supplies and
- Monitor HR and Administration budgets and submit and track
- Manage annual uniforms order for staff in Operations, Custodial
Services, Engineering and Horticulture. Assist departments, as
needed, with selection and ordering of professional uniforms.
- Create and update institutional and departmental organization
- Assist the VP and HR and Administration staff with projects as
- Assist with Open House events and onboarding of new hires in
- Supervise the Human Resources Assistant in performing
- Serve as back up supervisor to Reception and Mail-room
- Manage multiple Outlook calendars.
- Manages the Personnel Filing system and Archival Process.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office procedures
and related manuals.
- Ability to provide support for multiple managers within the
- Other related duties as needed.
- Discrete, reliable, and confidential
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organize with a proven
ability to multitask
- Ability to negotiate with vendors
- Adept at using Microsoft Office; with advance Excel skills and
a facility with numbers
- Ability to produce accurate reports
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the
ability to prioritize and follow up on assignments
- At least 4 years of experience in an office environment, legal
office experience a plus
- Ability to utilize a variety of online communication
- Notary Public is a plus
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application
process, please notify the Human Resources department at
Keywords: New York Botanical Garden, New Rochelle , Office Manager, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!