Cook, Early Childhood Education
Company: Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and
development of high-need children, adults, and families across the
New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the
South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and
partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and
enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their
potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with
hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds
and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our
neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new
opportunities for advancement and development so that team members
can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking candidates
for the Cook position in our Early Childhood Education
Day Cares in the Bronx, NY. The primary responsibility of the Cook
is to oversee the dietary needs of children by preparing
nutritious meals daily. The Cook will also keep maintenance of
the cleanliness and safety in all areas of food handling,
appliances, storage of supplies, and cooking utensils space, as in
accordance with NYC Dept. of Health and NYS OCFS requirements.
- Plans menus in accordance with mandated standards and nutrition
- Obtains menu approvals
- Orders and maintains food in order to ensure quality and cost
- Maintains proper storage, labeling, dating, and control of
- Prepares and serves food.
- Keeps accurate records of purchases, inventory, meals served,
and food production reports.
- Supervises the proper maintenance of equipment, kitchen, and
- Maintains good sanitation and safety practices, including
- Participates in food-related learning activities including
classroom participation in introducing new foods to children and
other food-related learning experiences.
- Participate and assist in planning for parent nutrition and
- Attends training, workshops, and seminars pertaining to food
preparation and nutrition.
- Fully cleans the kitchen daily
- Creates and maintains menus
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or relevant vocational
- 1-2 years of experience in food handling and preparation.
- Food Protection Certificate required
- First Aid and CPR training required and recertified as
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies
with the equal treatment of all employees and
applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an
individuals perceived or actual race, creed, color, national
origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age,
disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation,
ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions,
including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation,
training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion,
transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all
standard administrative and support tasks including
but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of
computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the
ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must
be able to travel from the various locations and sites
of Sheltering Arms. Must be able to thrive in a high temperature
environment. Physical and PPD clearance required.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc., New Rochelle , Cook, Early Childhood Education, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!