Dance Activity Instructor South Bronx Academy
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
The Dance Instructor provides recreational/educational/arts
workshops and activities for young people to learn new skills; as
well as an avenue for self-development and expression
Reports to: PROGRAM DIRECTOR, AFTER SCHOOL AT SBAMM
Location: 778 Forest Ave, Bronx, NY 10456
Hours: Up to 6 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
- Design, plan and conduct activities and workshops in Modern,
Jazz, Ballet, and Hip Hop Dance
- Submit lesson/activity plans in advance.
- Conduct activities enriched with literacy and math skills
- Plan and implement a culminating event or project.
- Complete daily progress reports.
- Responsible for the setup, operation and clean up of activities
and the organization, inventory and storing of relevant supplies
- Attend all staff meetings and staff development training
sessions, as specified.
- Guide program participants in examining choices, following
directions and becoming involved in program activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors preferred.
- Experience with youth preferred.
- Must have experience or skill in Modern, Jazz, Ballet, and Hip
- Must be able to engage young people and set structure and
limits in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or
youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Dance Activity Instructor South Bronx Academy, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!