Summer Camp Sports Activity Instructor
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
The Activity Instructor provides recreational/educational
workshops and activities as an avenue for self-development and
expression thru enrichment/project-based curriculum.
Reports To: PROGRAM Director, Beacon 45
Location: 2502 Lorillard Place, Bronx NY 10458
Hours: Up to 18 Hours/Week School Year Sept.to June, and Summer
Camp July to August; Non-Exempt
- Manage and prepare activities in all areas of the Physical
- Conduct activities enriched with literacy, history and other
related academic subjects when applicable.
- Conduct activities enriched with all aspects of Wellness and
- Develop and/or follow a sequenced sports/fitness curriculum to
include competition and/or exhibition.
- Submit lesson/activity plans in advance
- Ensure students will be able to perform, compete or exhibit
their skills in a culminating event.
- Plan and implement a culminating event/ project or
- Attend trainings on physical education curricula and follow up
with utilization of technical assistance
- Completes daily progress reports.
- Responsible for the setup, operation and clean up of activities
and the organization, inventory and storing of relevant supplies
- Attends all staff meetings and staff development trainings
sessions, as specified.
- Guides program participants in examining choices, following
directions and becoming involved in program activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with professional experience, and
expertise in the specified area of sports and physical
Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball, and Fitness
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work
- Experience working youth
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Summer Camp Sports Activity Instructor, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!