Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
The Conference Facilitator coordinates and performs an array of
family team conferences (FTCs) involving families enrolled in the
Bronx prevention programs. The Facilitator is responsible for using
the Administration for Children's Services (ACS) approved six-stage
model for ensuring that every family's voice and choice are
included and highlighted during conferences that address the
prevention services in place or needed, as well as the family's
progress towards achieving outcomes.
Reports To: Social Work Supervisor or Program Director
Location: Morris Ave. Bronx, NY
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
- Facilitate FTCs for families and staff to review services,
assess progress together, and help develop a plan of action to
either ensure further progress towards positive child welfare
outcomes or end services as appropriate.
- Utilize the six-stage model for FTCs and encourage and support
the use of specific program models (Solution-Based Casework, and
Family Treatment/Rehabilitation) in interactions with families and
- Supervise full-time Conference Scheduler who handles all
administrative and organizational tasks associated with ensuring
that timely and effective conferences take place for all
- Conduct visits to participant homes in order to hold
conferences when needed.
- Review each family case record in preparation for the
conference to assess family needs, staff response, progress made,
and to determine if additional attendees should be invited to
- Submit accurate and timely documentation summarizing each FTC
as required by ACS in PROMIS and Connections databases.
- Conduct follow-up reviews post-conference to ensure that agreed
upon tasks are occurring as planned.
- Facilitate ongoing and/or short-term participant groups or
workshops to address salient themes or topics impacting families in
- Attend and participate in program staff meetings, case
consultations, and related agency and external training as
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works to create and support a respectful and collegial
- Handles group facilitation and collaboration with staff and
participants with professionalism and competence, ensuring the
success and effectiveness of the program at large.
- Creates, embodies and supports a learning environment,
regularly participating in training and professional development to
augment conference facilitation skills and knowledge.
- Offers and receives feedback and suggestions in a
strength-based and constructive manner.
- Dedicated to being a team player and active contributor to
achieve the vision and mission of the program and agency.
- Energetic, empathic, honest, genuine, creative, and committed
to making a difference with families in the program, community, and
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field required,
clinical license preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- At least two years of work experience required in a child
welfare-related setting facilitating groups and/or team
- Must have excellent group facilitation and communication skills
and work well in a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Familiarity with Connections and PROMIS databases a plus
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based, youth and
family development, and trauma-informed perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Conference Facilitator, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!