Health Strategies Coordinator (Part Time)
Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a
relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free
of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and
American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every
single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's
lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal
fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving
impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers,
healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to
healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.Due to the
current pandemic, daily travel is minimal and voluntary to ensure
the health and safety of staff. There is no overnight travel
currently. In the future, this position may resume daily and/or
overnight travel. All AHA offices are closed and staff are
currently working from home. In the future, this position will
resume to being based in the local office.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent
opportunity for a Temporary Health Strategies Coordinator in our
Eastern States Region located in Plainview NY (Long Island NY). The
Coordinator is responsible for duties associated with execution of
the Healthier Long Island Grant, focused on Nassau and Suffolk
counties. Duties include, coordinating logistics, processing data,
preparing schedules, and collaborating and communicating with
internal and external colleagues on a variety of other important
tasks that support the deliverables of the grant.
This position is a temporary (six-month) part time, grant funded
position. This position is focused on improving hypertensive
control in clinical and community settings in multiple communities
in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. This will be a non-exempt, hourly
position with a 20-hour work week; preferred work schedule is 4
days per work week (Monday - Friday), 5-hours per day. Position
currently is home-based; when safe and permitted, position may
conduct work in the community and/or AHA office.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identify, recruit, and mobilize local community partners to
implement and support AHA clinical programs for hypertensive
improvement as established in the Healthier Long Island action
- Develop and implement procedures, community engagement events
and systems support for priority areas (e.g., hypertension, social
determinants of health, cardiovascular disease).
- Ensure assigned organizations have access to the breadth and
depth of resources available from the AHA by leveraging resources,
tools, and national center assets (e.g., communication, science,
advocacy, field resources). Utilize existing AHA materials,
products and recruitment tools or develop new tools and materials
as needed. Develop plans for disseminating or distributing
resources and tools through local/state or region communication or
social media assets.
- Coordinating logistical and location details for community
markets and serves as a point of contact with Federally Qualified
Health Centers and community partners.
- Creating market event communications as needed in coordination
with Community Impact Director and communications
- Provide technical assistance to clinics for registration and
data submission for AHA Target BP program.
- Assist in final report and wrap-up activities for grant.
- Establish, collect, and report on measurements of success, such
as program participant data, trends, and improvement or control of
hypertension. Assists in the development of appropriate reports,
evaluations, and data gathering as required.
- Develop and report project and partnership activities and
status. Provide evidence-based results to leadership as
- Communicating regularly with Supervisor and Volunteers to
maintain open lines of communication to ensure objectives are being
- Maintaining a high level of service by responding to customer
inquiries both internally and externally in a knowledgeable and
timely manner, with dignity and respect.
- Performing other duties as required to support achievement of
the Grant's goals and deliverables.
- Assisting in the coordination and execution of meetings and
- Preparing presentations, correspondence and documentation in a
timely manner, including meeting minutes.
- Working independently and within a team environment.
- Lead training (lunch and learns, webinars, one-on-one
assistance, develop webinar, etc.).
- Assess training needs re: validating devices, training staff,
- Assess training needs re: Established SMBP programs.
- Assess training needs re: BP Cuff loaner program for ongoing
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the
experience we require:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft
Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email,
presentations, and spreadsheets. These skills are subject to
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all
levels of American Heart Association staff, volunteers and the
public. This includes ability and willingness to build and nurture
relationships within and outside the American Heart Association.
This also includes the ability to work cooperatively with others to
leverage resources to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to follow-up with
individuals orally or in written correspondence.
- Ability to be diplomatic, self-motivated, resourceful, tactful
- Knowledge of and skill in report preparation, proofreading and
attention to detail.
- Ability to function independently with minimal
- Ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information
- Proven background and willingness to work in an atmosphere
requiring flexibility and change.
- Must pass background check.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association,
diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our
workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart
health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with your
skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Keywords: American Heart Association, New Rochelle , Health Strategies Coordinator (Part Time), Other , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!