PHYSICIAN PROVIDER / PEDIATRICIAN
The Physician Provider / Pediatrician in the Montefiore
School-based Health Program is responsible for the following
* Clinical * Take a good background information for all students
registered with the School Health Program. * Obtain the most recent
comprehensive physical examination for students with primary care
providers. * Take on the role as primary care provider for students
with no insurance and/or with no primary care provider. * Conduct a
regular comprehensive physical examination (PE) of students. *
Perform the regular health maintenance examination of the students
who use the school-based health clinic as their primary care site.
* Develop an appropriate plan of care for all students seen in the
clinic. * Examine, assess and develop a treatment plan for all
walk-in and acute care visits. * Examine, assess and develop a
treatment / follow-up plan for students with chronic illness.
7. Develop and analyze differential diagnoses based on clinical
and laboratory data.
8. Order and interpret diagnostic and screening tests and
procedures when necessary.
9. Dispense medicines that are available in the clinic and
prescribe medicines when necessary.
10. Perform minor procedures (i.e., non-suture wound closing,
minor wound debridement) in the school site, when applicable.
11. Communicate and discuss the treatment plan effectively with
the student and his / her parent or guardian.
12. Communicate and discuss the treatment plan with the primary
care provider when appropriate.
13. Make the necessary referrals to other health care
professionals when warranted (i.e., physicians, dentists and
14. Identify psychosocial and mental health issues that may be
addressed in clinic or through an appropriate referral.
15. Educate the student and his/her parent/guardian on the
treatment plan including the side effects and possible adverse
reactions of drug regimens.
16. Conduct clinical case review with the mental health
providers and other members of team
* Record all information, assessment and treatment plan for each
student on every visit in the medical record. * Record all relevant
information in the encounter form. * Record all communications with
parents and other health care providers in the medical record. *
Label all the medicines that are dispensed in the clinic (i.e.,
patient's name, dosage, duration). * Record all the medicines that
are dispensed in the clinic (i.e., lot number, expiration,
quantity). * Fill out referral forms when necessary. * Communicate
with parents and the primary care provider: * after each visit, if
necessary, to inform him/her of important health care issues; and,
* periodically, to update student's information in the medical
chart and to identify the level of care being provided by the
primary care provider.
* Follow-up referrals made to other health care professionals. *
Coordinate care for children with chronic health concerns
especially those who utilize the SBHP as their medical home. *
Collaborate and coordinate with other primary care providers and
other health care professionals for the specific health care needs
and treatment plan of students with chronic illness or special
needs. * Liaise with school personnel (e.g., administration,
teachers and guidance counselors) for services that are relevant
for the students.
* Initiate and undertake health education and preventive care
activities that are consistent with the primary health care
orientation of the program. * Educate the other members of the team
on interesting clinical cases and on important aspects of primary
health care. * Precept pediatric residents who are doing their
clinical rotation in the school clinic
Department: Montefiore Medical Group Bargaining Unit: Non Union
Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 111
East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8 AM-5 PM Req ID: 92839
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and
discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to
their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or
citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability,
history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy,
military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.