Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is a Charter
Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY,
and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally
recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the
Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to
and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by
cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and
We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous
academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye
towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a
supportive and caring environment that at all times has high
expectations of all students.
We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment
that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking
skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach
to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of
We are seeking a Middle School Math Teacher who will teach
grades 5-8 who is dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student
success and education reform.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement,
high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do
whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic
This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by
example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
Successful candidates will have a strong sense of urgency to
improve student learning.
- Teaching math at the Middle School Level based on Common Core
- Familiar with Singapore Math/Math in Focus curriculum.
- Differentiating curriculum to meet students' diverse
- Building a classroom culture in which students love math and
take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve math
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum that
focuses on logic and reasoning.
- Guide students in preparing to be successful on the NY State
- Develop weekly lesson plans that correlate with NYS common core
curriculum goals and objectives and uses a variety of teaching
strategies to ensure that students are engaged and motivated.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan units and lessons and
develop expertise in implementing instruction.
- Become familiar with school charter, standardized testing and
school wide plan, including goals set for student performance.
- Uses tests, classroom performance, and other evaluation and
diagnostic tools to assess the progress of students expeditiously
in order to create small group instruction and to identify
curricular and professional development needs.
- Create and maintain an orderly, well-managed, and stimulating
- Evaluate student academic and social growth, keep accurate
records, prepare progress reports and communicate with parents on
individual pupil progress.
- Reflect on practice in a continuous effort to improve
professional knowledge by participating in professional development
- Possesses strong time management, problem-solving, and
- Promotes our reputation as an institution with a social
conscience by operating with a sense of integrity and honesty.
- Recognizes and appreciates the unique qualities of middle
- This position reports to the school principal.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- NYS Teaching Certification or reciprocity from another state in
the equivalent area required.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at the middle school
- Familiarity with teaching Singapore Math curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will
not be considered.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits
- Performance based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.