Bilingual Spanish Care Coordinator
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
We are looking for a dynamic and compassionate Care Coordinators
to work with us. In this role you will guide program enrollees and
their caretakers (legal guardians) through the health care system
by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with
service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading youth development, education
and family service agency with more than 80 programs that serve
over 30,000 children, youth and families each year. We give
vulnerable youth in New York City the opportunity to take ownership
of their future. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by
Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work
environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our
mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help
make a difference!
Reports to: CARE MANAGER SUPERVISOR, HEALTH SERVICES
Location: Bronx, New York 10453
Hours: 35 hours, Non-Exempt
- Obtains required Care Management enrollment consents from the
individual or legal guardian
- Completes initial and ongoing needs assessments (Child and
Adolescent Needs and Strengths; CANS) to determine the individual's
most appropriate level of care management.
- Responsible for the overall management of the patient's
Individualized Plan of Care. Through the creation of an Individual
Plan of Care the Care Manager is able to:
- Coordinate the enrollee's provision of services including as
per their acuity level.
- Support adherence to treatment recommendations
- Monitor and evaluate a patient's needs, including prevention,
wellness, medical, mental health, care transitions, and social and
community services where appropriate.
- Meets client contact requirements (keeping in mind that
caseloads may be "blended"):
- Care Managers serving children will be required to have some
face-face visits on a consistent schedule as per the mandates of
their acuity level (high, medium, or low).
- Meets Care Management documentation requirements in a timely
and accurate manner by effectively utilizing designated Care
Management Portal (Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal; MAPP) and
Electronic Health Records (EHRs) as needed
- Functions as an advocate for clients within the agency and
external service providers
- Promotes wellness and prevention by linking enrollees with
resources and services based on their individual needs and
- Educate the child/caregiver on care of chronic conditions,
immunization, screening and other preventive interventions.
- Helps clients to obtain and maintain public benefits necessary
to gain health care services, including Medicaid and cash
assistance eligibility, Social Security, SNAP, housing, legal
services, employment and training supports, and others.
- Effectively communicates and shares information with the
individual and their families and other caregivers with appropriate
consideration for language, literacy and cultural preferences.
- Conducts care planning meetings/conferences and serves as an
interdisciplinary team member to effectively provide/coordinate
comprehensive and holistic care
- Identifies available community-based resources and actively
manages appropriate referrals, access, engagement, follow-up and
coordination of services
- In the event of hospital admissions, actively engages in the
discharge planning process ensuring that the patient has all
recommended post discharge services in place prior to
- Attends and participates in ongoing staff development trainings
to enhance skills needed to effectively meet the demands of the
Care Manager position
- Ensure that child has periodic evaluations and follow up
treatment for dental, vision and hearing care, following Medicaid
- All other duties, as needed
Education and/or credential requirements are determined by
children's acuity level and requires one or more of the
- Bachelors of Arts or Science with two years' experience
- Bilingual Spanish is required
The candidate must possess the following Experience:
- Relevant expertise and experience in serving children and
families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, mental
health, healthcare and/or other systems as well as those receiving
- Care Coordinators serving high acuity enrollees will be
required to have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the
needs of such children and their families as evidenced by
additional years of experience, education, or training.
- Care Coordinators assigned to children who have medical
fragility must have extensive experience in coordinating their
- Experience providing service coordination and information,
linkages, and referrals for community-based services.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Bilingual Spanish Care Coordinator, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!