Sports Activity Instructor South Bronx Academy
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
The Activity Instructor (Sports) teaches and facilitates a youth
centered sports class.
Reports to: PROGRAM DIRECTOR, AFTER SCHOOL AT SBAMM
Location: 778 Forest Ave, Bronx, NY 10456
Hours: Up to 6 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
- Responsible to maintain a minimum of 15 students in sports
- Facilitate five sports classes per week that follow a social
group work model.
- Pre-planning of activity; activities are to provide students
with structure, purposeful use of activity and self, including
beginning and ending rituals.
- Facilitate a variety of different sports activities based on
students' interest. Activities should promote teamwork, opportunity
for mastery, and emotional and professional growth.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Facilitate purposeful activities in community hour and
participate in other staff lead activities as part of the staff
- Foster a youth development, strength's based environment,
fostering a sense of belonging, safety, and community to
- Engage and facilitate group conversations, tracking and
supporting students' academic success.
- Collaborate with the Good Shepherd Services Day Program.
- Document classes/ workshop planning as required.
- Participate in after school events including BBQ Thursdays and
Trips as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some college and experience with adolescents preferred.
- Experience and/or training relevant to the position
- Must be able to engage young people and set structure and
limits in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or
youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Sports Activity Instructor South Bronx Academy, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!