LPN Licensed Practical Nurse Care Manager Bronx Foster Care
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
We are looking for a New York State Licensed Practical Nurse to
oversee medical care management of our youth in family foster care.
The LPN Promotes and restores youths' health by completing the
nursing process, collaborating with physicians and
multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and
psychological support to youth and their families.
Reports to: HEALTH SERVICES MANAGER, HEALTH SERVICES
Location: Bronx, NY
Hours: 35 Hours, Non-Exempt
- Identify health needs of adolescents in care and their
caretakers through home visits and other direct means of
- Establish for the adolescents in care a medical home that will
address current and future health care needs.
- Act as a liaison between multiple providers in the provision of
health services for our adolescents in care.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to clients and families.
- Promote client's independence by establishing goals, teaching
clients, families and caretakers to understand condition,
medications and self-care skills.
- Resolve client problems and needs by utilizing
multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Document client care services by charting in patient and
department records; on-going auditing of medical records to ensure
compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Communicate with clients and multidisciplinary team by
providing client related health information.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care team by
communicating information, responding to requests, building
rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Administer medication and monitor the youth's response to
- Effectively use and practice the Sanctuary Model tools: safety
plans, community meetings, psycho-educational groups, team
meetings, red flag reviews, treatment planning conferences (or
similar), and self-care in the department/program to create a
non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture.
- Promote and model the seven Sanctuary Model commitments to
create a non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture.
- Integrate the Sanctuary Model SELF (Safety, Emotional
Management, Loss and Future) framework into daily practice to
ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program.
- Must demonstrate firm command of nursing principles and
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, family and
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have a current American Heart/ or American Red Cross CPR
Certificate to deal with infants, adolescents and adults.
- Must be able to accompany youngsters to various
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or
your development and trauma informed perspective.
- Bilingual Spanish Strongly Preferred.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , LPN Licensed Practical Nurse Care Manager Bronx Foster Care, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!