Activity Instructor - Music
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with
more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families
each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills
for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of
every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in
whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work
in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a
fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to
fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our
team and help make a difference!
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR AT MS 447
LOCATION: 125 E. 181st Street Bronx, NY 10453
HOURS: Up to 18 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The Instrumental or Voice Instructor will create and
implement a music curriculum that allows participants hands on
experiences with student centered activities
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of activity
- Create and facilitate art activities for groups of up to 25
- Develop and facilitate a Music curriculum (based on students'
interest) encompassing different aspects of instrumentation or
voice; providing participants with experience and knowledge of
artistic language, skills and professions. Curriculum must promote
social group work, creativity, self-expression, mastery,
social-emotional development and professional growth
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Create a strength's based environment, fostering a sense of
belonging, safety, and community
- Arrange, setup, operate and clean classroom spaces before and
after activities. Organize inventory and storing of relevant
supplies and equipment.
- Document classes/workshop through lesson plans in advanced or
- Coordinate presentations for two culminating events (one per
semester) showcasing students work
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Some college and experience with adolescents preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience and/or training relevant to the
- Must be able to engage young people while setting structure and
limits in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to work from a social group work,
strengths-based and youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive
and welcoming environment for all members of our staff,
participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Activity Instructor - Music, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!