Associate Manager, Social Media, Content and Food Styling
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Associate Manager, Social Media, Content and Food Styling
works with Merchandising and Marketing to update and expand
products, features and content across FreshDirect Social Media
Channels. This role involves managing the flow of photographs,
products, and promotions to our social media channels.
- Owns social media for the FreshDirect brand, including:
- Building and maintaining a monthly content calendar to 1)
support merchandising priorities and content goals and 2) grow
followers and engagement across platforms in accordance with FD
- Execution of all social posts, including research, photo
selection and preparation, writing and posting, tailoring to each
platform as needed
- Community management: engaging with followers, influencers,
ambassadors and potential partners on our feeds and theirs, as well
as monitoring for trending topics and posting opportunistically
whenever appropriate (i.e. trending memes)
- Administration of FD ambassador program, including sending
monthly highlights, developing regular engagement opportunities
(3-4x/year) and fulfilling weekly gift card orders
- Monthly reporting on social media analytics shared across the
- Leads recipe- and food-based content creation for the website,
blog and social media:
- Research, develop, test, and write recipes and related content
6-8x/month for site and social platforms
- Concept, produce and script recipe (and other food) videos and
photos. Includes all cooking/food preparation and some light
- Act as on-screen talent, including hosting recipe and how-to
videos and hand modeling for stills
- Food styling for company-wide editorial still and video
- Coordinate with internal clients on recipe
selection/development and styling. Research photos and provide
inspiration as needed.
- Choose and source props for shoots
- Lead all cooking and food preparation
- 4 year degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience in social
media, editorial, content production and/or marketing
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
Copywriting interest and experience a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing
time across multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices as well as the
social media and marketing landscape with respect to food and food
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and
- Experience with the hands-on creation of multimedia content for
social media networks
- Experience with cooking, recipe development and/or food
Who is FreshDirect:
FreshDirect is the northeast's leading online fresh food grocer,
delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including
the New York City, Philadelphia, and District of Columbia
metropolitan areas. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the
freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items
through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers.
Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company
headquartered in Bronx, NY.
From the beginning, FreshDirect has set out to provide something
different. We are a community partner with a mission to deliver the
highest quality and service that customers can find. This is an
environment in which associates can innovate, grow and have
successful careers-most of our leaders have come up through our
ranks. And thanks to our team's extraordinary efforts, we are a
leading innovator in the e-commerce and grocery industries.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We're a company that thrives on teamwork. Our evolution is
driven by our passionate employees and investment in perfecting the
technology that lets us deliver the highest-quality food. Our
state-of-the-art facility creates an environment for innovation. We
support our employees with on-the-job training for plant employees
and drivers, team-building activities, workplace recognition
opportunities, and by encouraging direct relationships with our
suppliers in the field.
Great people deserve great perks. We offer comprehensive
benefits, plus many workplace extras, including:
- A flexible and generous paid time off plan
- 20% off at freshdirect.com and significant markdowns at our
- 24-hour access to the FreshDirect shuttle between our Bronx
headquarters and the subway
- Regular events and barbecues for employees
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook,
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by the Team
member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may
be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does
not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their
race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status,
veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status,
or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect
will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because
they are disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam
era, provided they are qualified and meets the requirements
established by FreshDirect for the job.
Keywords: FreshDirect, New Rochelle , Associate Manager, Social Media, Content and Food Styling, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!