Title: Transportation Manager
Requisition Id: 10293
Job Function: Field Services Operations
Career Area: Drivers
Work Location: Farmingdale, NY
Manage the transportation department of one or more locations
within assigned region; providing leadership within the locations
as assigned. Act as liaison between customers, operations, CSRs,
sales, and other support teams.
Key Job Activities:
1) Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient
- Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop
qualified, diverse workforce.
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and
objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
- Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and
- Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary,
changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes
in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Responsible for driver debriefs and TSSW audits.
- Counsels employees on educational and job opportunities, which
will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of
current problems, changes, and new developments in the department
and company by conducting periodic meetings.
- Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates
to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and
- Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their
functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for
changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent
accident or injuries.
- Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and
recommends and implements changes to continually improve work
- Develops subordinate managers and/or supervisors, particularly
in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and
controlling through continued coaching and feedback on
- Is an active member of the Safety Improvement Committee (SIC)
and drives safety through attendance of periodic CSR meetings.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all vendors which help
facilitate the operation of the truck fleet, plant operation and
2) Analyze profit and loss reports pertaining to the
3) Oversees and participates in the maintenance of Driver
Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports
for all CSRs and equipment.
4) Ensures DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must
maintain DOT files.
5) Maintain high level of customer satisfaction through customer
6) Analyze transportation production reports to ensure improved
productivity and reduce expense. Oversees routes and reroutes based
on reporting results. Assist with route rebalance initiatives.
7) Review, analyze and approve payroll hours to ensure overtime
hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
8) Communicates proactively with Transportation and Plant
personnel in order to ensure the prompt and accurate servicing of
9) Performs other related duties as required or requested.
10) Facilitate customer offsite conversions.
11) Lead the accident investigation process of determining root
causes of accidents, on the-job-injuries, property damage, and
close calls in order to prevent them from happening again.
12) Manage acquisition integration initiatives.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to
participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care
program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription
coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts,
life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee
assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick
time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly
scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have
fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the
nature and level of work being performed; it should not be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider
requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or
mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies
and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and
consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right
to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in
writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty