Campus Executive Chef
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are recruiting for an Executive Chef for our Upscale
Retirement Community which overlooks the Hudson in Riverdale, NY.
This remarkable, PROVEN, executive chef should be an innovative,
hands-on creative leader who has the full package.
What do we mean by that? Our chef MUST have amazing culinary
talent, catering expertise, compliance management driven, a sharp
focus on sanitation, strong financial acumen and the ability to
collaborate, teach and engage with a diverse team of colleagues,
department heads, residents and families.
NexDine Hospitality is an independent thought leader in dining
services. We are proud to offer innovative, authentic, and
personalized experiences focused on the integrity of the
ingredients and providing amazing service. We invite you to apply
and grow with our team of inspired chefs and hospitality
The Executive Chef reports to the Vice President of Dining
Services and is responsible for developing and executing culinary
results to exceed customer expectations. Oversees and manages all
culinary operations to meet service, production, and presentation
standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and
manages the final presentation and service of food.
- Manage menu writing and cycle of cost control utilizing
appropriate recipes and costing measures.
- Responsible for the quality of all food products and ensure
that standards are met.
- Responsible for all aspects of food production, execution and
- Oversight of all aspects of catering operations.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure
conformance to established standards.
- Arrange for equipment purchases or repairs.
- Purchasing of all food or other supplies needed to ensure
efficient operation ensuring quality control practices are in place
for receiving all products.
- May determine production schedules and staff requirements
necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Ensure company, community, and regulatory standards for safety,
proper food handling practices, sanitation, uniform guidelines, and
productivity are maintained.
- Compile and record production or operational data on specified
- Manage department controllable expenses (P&L) including
food costs, labor, supplies, uniforms and equipment, specific to
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food,
labor, and overhead costs.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- May assist operations in financial recordkeeping.
- Recruit, hire, review and manage staff, such as cooks and other
- Instruct, train and supervise cooks or other workers in the
preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Provide excellent customer service to include being attentive,
approachable, greeting and thanking customers.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ability to Coach & Develop
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to work under pressure
This position manages, in conjunction with his/her direct
supervisor, all employees of the unit and is responsible for the
performance management and hiring of the employees within the
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years experience in large retirement communities
Preferred Education and Experience
- Culinary school certificate or degree
- Microsoft Office Suite
Required Eligibility Qualifications
- ServSafe Certification
- Choke Safety Certification
NexDine promotes health in our food philosophy as well as our
work-life balance, so we are committed to providing an enjoyable
workplace environment and company culture. We invite you to see
what our employees are saying about the NexDine experience.
NexDine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other classification protected by
law. NexDine participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: NexDine, New Rochelle , Campus Executive Chef, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!