Shift Supervisor (Bruner Reception Center)
Company: Sheltering Arms
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and
development of high-need children, adults, and families across the
New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the
South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and
partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and
enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their
potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with
hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds
and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our
neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new
opportunities for advancement and development so that team members
can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for
Job Summary: The shift supervisor is responsible for assuring
Bruner Reception Center staff's compliance with the daily routine
and structure of the facility during the shift of duty and
responsible for maintaining agency standards of quality care and
service provision for the youth residing within the facility. The
Shift Supervisor will supervise all Childcare Workers and Cook
staff, their deployment and activities, uphold the daily
programming, routines, discipline, program structure, and tone
- Ensure the supervision of all on-site staff and residents.
- Maintain order, safety and security standards of the home.
- Uphold daily living routines, schedules, and procedures through
supporting Direct Care Staff.
- Mediate conflict, whether between staff or residents.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely fashion,
including incident reports.
- Must be able to carry out all of the duties and functions of a
direct care staff.
- Support the Program Manager through informal supervision and by
providing staff with ongoing feedback.
- Maintains and reviews log books, behavior assessment reports,
and other relevant documentation to ensure the accuracy of those
who completed it.
- Ensure high standard of sanitary conditions throughout the
house including heavy cleaning and laundry.
- Participate in the planning and execution of educational,
recreational, and personal enrichment activities.
- Participate in ongoing meetings, conferences, training programs
- Communicates frequently with Program Manager, Program Director,
Caseworkers, and support staff regarding pertinent information
- Responsible for providing safe transportation for residents and
attending various appointments (including driving residents to and
from school, medical appointments, and off-site family
- Attend all mandatory training required by ACS, OCFS and the
- Responsible for adhering to all ACS, OCFS and agency
- Utilize Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques to
de-escalate incidents and protect physical safety of child and
- Attention to and support of medical issues, student
educational/vocational needs, casework, clinical appointments,
- Provides documentation of supervision by maintaining a
supervisory log for all staff supervised.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma but Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid NYS Driver's License and clean driving record
- Ability to drive a 10 to 15 passenger van
- At least 3 years of experience in GH, NSD, NSP, LSP, or related
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in
order to maintain required documentation
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and youth
development, and trauma-informed perspective
- Ability to travel to all five boroughs
- Commitment to the mission and values of Sheltering Arms
- Must be able to pass required Safe Crisis Management training
and pass recertification on an annual basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly
complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants
for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an
individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national
origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age,
disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation,
ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions,
including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation,
training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion,
downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms
and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all
standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited
to climbing up and down stairs, operation of
computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift
boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel
from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. Ability to
perform physical restraint of youth using approved restraint
techniques. Physical and PPD clearances required and reevaluated
Keywords: Sheltering Arms, New Rochelle , Shift Supervisor (Bruner Reception Center), Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!