Mental Health Consultant
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Ready to be a part of something big? At the South Bronx Job
Corps Center, we provide at-risk students with the tools they
need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our
team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental,
and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick
time, paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match,
and a chance to make a difference every day!
Pay: $50.00 - $100.00 per hour
Hours: Hours may vary
Reports to the Health and
Wellness Director (HWD). Responsible for directing the center
mental health program in compliance with government and management
- Evaluate students referred by staff and document legible
assessment notes to include at a minimum reason for referral,
presenting problem, history of present problem, mental status exam,
diagnostic impression, and clear treatment plan. Independently
diagnose and treat mental health conditions.
- Develop and implement a mental health program with emphasis on
prevention, early detection, identification of mental health
problems, short term counseling of manageable conditions and crisis
intervention using Employee Assistance Model.
- Participate in HIV case management; notify student of the
results, conduct mental health evaluation, and provide short term
- Provide integrated case management by interacting with the TEAP
Specialist, counselor, residential living staff, wellness director
and the physicians regarding student behavior, compliance,
medication, side effects and treatment progress.
- Draft procedures for emergency psychiatric conditions (suicide
attempt, psychotic episodes, etc.) to include 24-hour on-call
- Review pre-admission folders, evaluate requests for reasonable
accommodations and help form an accommodation plan.
- Recommend medical separation to the center director when a
student develops a psychiatric disorder that clearly impairs their
ability to complete or take part in the training program.
- Conduct quality assurance studies to obtain feedback and
develop areas of the program that need strengthening.
- Establish a written referral and feedback system for mental
health evaluation and treatment using a two-part form; provide
written feedback to center staff referring the student in a general
form without violating student confidentiality.
- Assist the wellness director in completing mental health
significant incident reports.
- Participate in and contribute to special programs such as
Sexual Assault Prevention Groups and Sexual Assault Response
- Provide regular supervision and programmatic guidance to the
- Coordinate care with community linkage such as the Department
of Vocational Rehabilitation, psychiatric consultant, and
- Conduct staff development training.
- Provide training to the counselors and conduct regular meetings
with the counseling department.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards
for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff,
and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling
appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and
monitoring both positive and negative behavior through
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of
harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for
staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall preform
other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined
Education and Experience
Active, unrestricted license
to practice as an independent practitioner in state where center is
located and does not require supervision to practice (New
York). Clinical/Counseling Psychologist or Clinical social worker.
Minimum 1 year of experience as licensed independent practitioner
providing assessment and treatment services to adolescent and young
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, New Rochelle , Mental Health Consultant, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!