Registered Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis
Posted on: July 22, 2021
459 East 149th Street, Bronx, New
York, 10455, United States of America
As a full-time Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN), you
educate your patients on how to do their own dialysis from their
homes, and you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of
each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track. You
will work a Monday to Friday schedule-yet your impact on the lives
of our patients will be felt every day.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as
we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Complexities - You multitask in myriad ways - put
down one patient's chart, start another, work with a physician, run
out to get a medication, respond to a supplier's request - with
lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It's
challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
- Educator - Empower your patients by teaching
them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back
into their own hands. If you feel your calling has always been to
be both a nurse and educator, then you will love your work as a
peritoneal dialysis nurse. Training patients takes time and
mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the
transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to
strong and independent.
- Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an
independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use
your mind constantly. You apply your "core" nursing skills to
assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at
the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy
comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects
teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage,
retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career
development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k,
paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated discounts on
hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie tickets,
Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and more.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a robust,
paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis skills.
The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita
is committed to providing robust development and experience for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in multiple facilities
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you
will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of
- Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle
insurance in state of residence
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Home
Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the
first step at https://careers.davita.com
Nurses: if this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend
who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us
a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To
learn more about what this means click here.
Keywords: DaVita, New Rochelle , Registered Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!