Mobile Phlebotomist (FT, 40Hrs)
Company: BioReference Laboratories
Posted on: September 14, 2021
We are looking for a full time
Mobile Phlebotomist (40 hours per week) in Bronx, NY.
Monday - Sunday 5:00am to 4:30pm
The Mobile Phlebotomist will serve
patients by collecting and/or preparing specimens for laboratory
testing and performing screening requirements. The Phlebotomist
shall draw appropriate quantity of blood samples and/or collect
other specimens while creating an atmosphere of safety, trust and
confidence in the patient's home or place of employment. The Mobile
Phlebotomist will be responsible for timely centrifuging of
specimens as appropriate and delivery or mailing of specimens to
Duties include but are not
necessarily limited to the following:
- Using superior customer service, greet
customers appropriately, show proper identification, follow all
relevant Standard Operating Procedures regarding entry of patients'
homes or places of employment and all required proper personal protective equipment.
- Successful performing and completing of
blood draws, collecting various specimens, properly labeling
specimens, timely centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance
data and decontamination, and documenting and updating patient
information, as appropriate.
- Setting up area for collection.
Collecting specimens according to established protocols and
procedures. Properly explaining in a clear and courteous manner to
each patient the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or
other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required.
Reducing patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for
patients before, during and after the collection process.
- Successfully utilizing techniques using
appropriate collection methodology, which may include straight
needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Fully understanding and following all
of the healthcare providers' orders.
- Matching patient identifiers on the
laboratory requisition forms to specimen collection tubes.
Labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as
required by each test order.
- Checking all test requisitions or
computer label against the order to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Storing specimen sample according to
required temperature, placing samples in appropriate collection
container/ tube, accurately labeling, following different
procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for
transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
- Timely and safely transporting specimen
to proper drop off locations.
- Installing and operating a mobile
- Driving with another adult person, at
the sole discretion of the company, as a part of organization's
quality assurance, quality improvement or research activities.
- Operating mobile apps and software in
accordance with company policies and guidelines.
Training and regulatory
- Understanding and complying with The
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) rules and
- Timely completing all required
on-boarding, monthly or as assigned, and annual organizational
- Complying with requirements for
employee monitoring technology utilizing GPS tracking of real-time
location of employee, during hours that the employee is performing
job-related duties, for employee's safety and security, to ensure
operational efficiency and appropriate staffing to meet patients'
needs, and provide high quality patient experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Phlebotomy Certification
for the state where you will be employed as required
(CA, NV, WA & LA requires
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant work
experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced laboratory or
- Superior customer service skills, clear
communications skills, and ability to show empathy and respect for
patients' privacy and autonomy.
- Excellent patient interaction skills in
person, via email or text, and by phone.
- Strong attention to detail and the
ability to work independently.
- Reliable personal, clean, properly
insured vehicle with capability to comfortably accommodate a mobile
centrifuge and another adult passenger.
- Possess a valid and non-expired driver's license
issued in the state of residence.
- Provide proof of COVID-19
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite, ability to work with remote equipment, including but not
limited to mobile devices/tablets and applications.
- Must be flexible with work schedule,
- Able to pick up 20 lbs.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post
offer) drug screen and MVR.
Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: BioReference Laboratories, New Rochelle , Mobile Phlebotomist (FT, 40Hrs), Other , BRONX, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!