HVAC/Controls Technician - Long Island, NY
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands –
including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Why Trane Technologies Is The
Best Company for HVAC Controls Service Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Trane is committed to your safety and has a world-class safety
program with continuous training for their associates
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military-friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late-model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high-speed
laptop, uniforms, and smartphone
- In this extremely unique role blending your HVAC and Controls
knowledge, you will be responsible for starting and commissioning
new systems, diagnosing, and repair of environmental control
systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital
control, airflow, refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical
techniques in diverse commercial settings.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
diagnosing, and repairing equipment and systems at the customer’s
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
forecasting issues, gathering materials, and synchronizing on-site
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customers by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required, and typically
at least 3-5 years of experience in HVAC/Controls. Technical School
or formal training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with handheld computers (i.e. smartphones, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- Previous experience with DDC controls system preferred.
- EPA preferred
Additional Requirements and
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing
ladders. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move
up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30”
vertical x 45” horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15’ to 20’, and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment, and other variable environmental conditions
based on location
We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive
in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our
winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We
share a passion for serving customers, caring for others, and
boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, New Rochelle , HVAC/Controls Technician - Long Island, NY, Other , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!