Global Logistics & Freight Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Our client is the world's largest supplier of Ground Support
Equipment and airport-related equipment replacement parts. The
company supplies replacement parts and accessories while providing
supply chain management, on site supply services, single source
supply, logistics solutions, engineering solutions and other cost
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations and working daily
out of the corporate HQ office our client is looking for a Global
Logistics & Freight Manager to join its operations team. You
will work closely with the entire operations teams as well as in
connection between its Executive Management, Sales, Engineering,
Quality Control, Product Sourcing, and Purchasing teams.
- Effectively manage the staff of Logistics Coordinators and
Analysis, as well as day-to-day operations of transportation and
freight suppliers providing services
- Manage the logistic flows of products in inbound and outbound,
with a clear mission to ensure Service Levels, quality of
transportation, improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure products are delivered seamless to customers and
- Improve transportation costs, delivery requirements and freight
- Manage relationships with logistics companies like UPS, DHL,
- Finding new and quicker ways to get its products in customers
hands through the company’s current network or find new companies
to partner with
- Analyze data to find efficiencies both in shipping times, cost
- Effectively project and manage large end to end supply chain
- Manage the selection and use of major carriers and freight
handlers for various company regions
- Develop carrier relationships, conduct annual carrier
performance reviews and establish carrier agreements.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in carrier performance
and transportation costs and business processes.
- Improvement of total cost of freight: administration/payment
- Reduce manual transactions and automate processes
- Setting, monitoring, and adhering to key transportation
performance indicators (KPI” s)
- Review business freight payable’s function, import processes,
including customs brokers, and record maintenance compliance.
- Development of business standards for freight claims, dangerous
goods (HAZMAT), and temperature-controlled shipments.
- This position requires you to be in an office every day.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Management and
Operations, Industrial Management, Engineering, Supply Chain
- 10 + years’ experience in a Transportation and Freight
Management function with direct reports management responsibility
as well as experience with world-wide carriers and all methods of
- Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD)
or Lean Six Sigma a plus
- Demonstrated analytic and business problem solving skills
- Solid negotiation skills
Keywords: Gables Search Group, New Rochelle , Global Logistics & Freight Manager, Other , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!