1st shift Dispatch Associate
Company: Pitney Bowes
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description:Pitney Bowes is now hiring for Direct Hire Full
Time Dispatch Associates in ourJericho, NYFacility.We have amazing
people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of
our company.Our thriving culture can be broken down into four
components:Client. Team. Win. Innovate.You are:You are a
performance driven person who will ensure the quality of our
service is being achieved. You are passionate about helping the
company meet their mailing productivity standardsYou will:
- Monitor the quality of the mail prior to processing and before
- Ensure that the mail is reviewed for proper dates, over
weights, correct zip codes, and not stuck together.
- Coordinate drivers to ensure all deliveries are completed and
- Monitor drivers coming into the facility and leaving the
facility for the Post Office to ensure they are meeting scheduled
- Communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external
customers regarding orders to be picked up.
- Assist in the Metering, Bulk mail, or Barcode departments
- Review pickup slips for piece counts and communicate piece
counts to the Job Cost Administrator.
- Promote a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or
tripping hazards to self and others.
- Perform all additional duties as required.Your background:As a
Pitney Bowes Dispatch Associate you have:
- A basic enough understanding of English to be able to
understand and follow safety and other operational directions
communicated in English, irrespective of your native language.
- The ability to work overtime which may include weekends,
holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance
- The ability to be dependable and reliable.
- Strong organization, customer service and verbal/written
- Prior fulfillment, warehouse or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of presort mailing businessPhysical demands and
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without
- The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time
with or without accommodations.Our Team:At Pitney Bowes, we do the
right thing, the right way. We have amazing people who are the
driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our
thriving culture can be broken down into four components:Client.
Team. Win. Innovate.Pitney Bowes Presort Services performs mail
sorting; performing some of the work that would typically be
performed by the USPS. For completing this work, Presort Services
receives discounted postage rates. By performing this sorting work
on behalf of our clients, we are able to share a portion of that
discount with them. Our national network of operating centers
processes over 17 billion pieces of mail annually. We provide
mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick-up at their location
into delivery into the postal system network, providing optimal
postage savings.We will:
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career through
training and access to various development programs
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse
perspectives and ideas
- Offer a casual and safe work environment
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to
the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits: pbprojectliving.com:
- Paid time off
- Multiple Insurance options: Medical/Dental/Vision/Pet
- Multiple savings plan options: 401K Plan with company match;
Health Savings Account; Dependent Care
- Access to PB Life Perks Discount Program
- Eligible for PB Employee Referral Program $$
- Training and opportunities for advancement
- Tuition ReimbursementWe actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.Pitney Bowes is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values
diversity and inclusiveness in the
workplace.Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ+
are encouraged to apply.All interested individuals must apply
online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our
online application should refer to the alternate application
options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Keywords: Pitney Bowes, New Rochelle , 1st shift Dispatch Associate, Other , Jericho, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!