Program Coordinator of Children & Family Services
Company: Sanctuary For Families Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and
advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and
related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers
thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to
safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive
range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to
help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and
work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct
services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our
services are available in 11 locations throughout New York
Implements and oversees the Children and Family Service Program
recreational, and social activities provided by the Sanctuary for
Families Children and Family Services Program at a transitional
Shelter. Provides clinical observations, on-site counseling for
adults and children, and referrals for counseling in the community.
Trauma-informed assistance and case management services as needed
to child clients and their caregivers. Conducts community outreach
and training about domestic violence and its effects on children.
Facilitates child and family groups and Supervises Children's
- Oversees all services provided in the Children's and Family
Services provided at the shelter, including childcare, activity
groups, and recreational activities, to ensure the quality and
appropriateness of services.
- Develops and implements themes and activities for groups and
childcare conducted in the Children & Family program.
- Conducts clinical observations of the children in the playroom,
regarding behavioral and emotional health as well as socialization
skills; engages child's caregiver and other shelter staff, as
appropriate, in discussing results of clinical
- Provides advocacy and case management assistance to clients as
- Facilitates groups for children and parents.
- Actively engages in inter-disciplinary collaboration and case
coordination with administrative staff and other partner
- Oversees planning of periodic special events and recreational
- Fills in and/or plans for coverage of the Children & family
programming when necessary.
- Oversees inventory in the Children's Room and works with staff
at Sanctuary for Families to ensure the Children's Room is
- Distributes children's program in-kind assistance, including
gifts, clothing, and children's supplies.
- Conducts community outreach and training around domestic
violence and its effects on children.
- Works with appropriate staff at Sanctuary for Families to
recruit and supervise volunteers and interns in the Children &
- Supervises the Children's Activity Leader.
- Participates in weekly supervision and attends other meetings
- Performs administrative tasks as needed.
- Maintains client records, and program records, and completes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Program Director of Children & Family
- Supervises the Children's Activity Leader.
- Supervises volunteers and interns.
- Works closely with all Children and Family Services Program and
Clinical Department staff at Sanctuary for Families and
participates in relevant meetings and professional development
- Works closely with the staff of partner agencies.
- Abides by protocols of the shelter as provided in the
- At least 2-5 years of applicable field experience or MSW or
- Experience developing and running children's groups and
- Experience working collaboratively with professionals across
disciplines, including with attorneys, police officers, government
officials, other community-based agency staff.
- Strong desire to work with children and families.
- Knowledge of domestic violence and trauma.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and computer
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required.
- Flexibility, creativity, and ability to take initiative and
work independently to meet client needs.
- Significant experience working in a culturally diverse
The work position is hybrid
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose
with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
Budgeted Salary $62,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment
opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed
(religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic
characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status,
and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with
regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal
conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values
at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to
fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work
environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing
all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race,
ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or
Keywords: Sanctuary For Families Inc., New Rochelle , Program Coordinator of Children & Family Services, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!