Company: AHRC Nassau
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Benefits CoordinatorPlainview, NY - Salary $35k to $40k -AHRC
Nassau provides support to over 2,200 people throughout Nassau
County. Our organization partners with a family of organizations
including Brookville Center for Children's Services, Citizens
Options Unlimited and Advantage Care Health Centers. -We are
currently seeking a motivated Benefits Coordinator to liaison
between third-party administrators, employees, supervisors as well
as the Human Resources department as well as advise on eligibility
& coverage (workers comp, disability), and other leave of absence
matters to ensure smooth and efficient coordination with all
parties. Primarily, you will:
- Process insurance applications for employees by verifying
employment status and entering information.
- Manage all FMLA, STD, Workers Compensation, ADA, Military or
- Serve as point of contact for employees on leave of
- Process disability forms by verifying disabled employees last
workday and recent salary information through contact with
- Process Workers' Compensation for all on-the-job accidents
- Audit monthly health insurance invoices and prepare billing
statement for Accounting Department.
- Notify payroll of employee's medical coverage contributions to
ensure that contributions are processed.
- Bill COBRA participants and retirees for medical coverage by
calculating contributions and distributing bills; record all COBRA
- Notify eligible employees of group term life and long-term
disability insurance plans by periodically reviewing employee
records to identify and distribute enrollment forms to eligible
- Create correspondence to employees regarding health insurance
eligibility dates after receiving the New Hire monthly report.
- Report, prepare and mail out Benefits Contract to employees who
are out on an unpaid leave for medical contributions.
- Maintain disability and Benefits Contract (LOA) logs -We
- Minimum Associates degree or certificate program. Bachelor's
- 3+ years' related HR/Benefits experience.
- Certification a plus (PHR and/or SHRM-CP)
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with HRIS software required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and attention to
detail.Benefits Coordinator, for an immediate interview, please
email: Dr. Hassan Abdulhaqq at habdulhaqq@AHRC.org. -An Equal
Opportunity Employer Proud of Our Workforce Diversity.
Keywords: AHRC Nassau, New Rochelle , Benefits Coordinator, Other , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!