Community Outreach Coordinator Level 1
Company: Sun River Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Sun River Health provides the highest quality of comprehensive
primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who
seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay,
especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Sun River Health is
a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities
in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia
and Westchester County. Sun River Health is currently seeking a
full-time Community Outreach Coordinator I to join our team at the
The Community Outreach Coordinator I is responsible for developing
new and existing long term relationships with external referral
sources and internal team. He/She will act as a liaison between the
external customer account and the internal HRHCare programs and
services. The key objective is to increase access and availability
of services for at risk clients by working with key stakeholders to
transition clients and link them to needed services. The Community
Outreach Coordinator is an Ambassador of HRHCare whose activities
reflect the mission and value of the organization. He/She will
provide outstanding customer services and distinguish HRHCare by
building excellent and long-term relationships. This position
manages 15-25 organizational relationships and is responsible for
40 visits per month. This position reports to the Regional Manager
of Community Engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Community Outreach
* Manages a geographic territory and maps out Referral Channels
* Develops a portfolio of 15 to 25 organizations and cultivates key
relationships at all levels of staff as well as with clients
* Achieves visit targets set by management for specified lines of
business - primary care including women's health and pediatrics,
dental, mental health, health home, HIV/AIDS services and other
targets set on annual basis - such as ACO, CCM. (Currently 40 Per
* Plans effectively and does effective pre-call planning and post
* Masters basic relationship building skills including
understanding the customer, opening, creating a valuable dialogue,
proposing a winning solution and closing.
* Builds relationships with external referral channels including
housing sites, criminal justice, drug treatment programs, CBOs,
FBOs, and Physicians, etc.
* Prospects new organizations and develops into Referrers; achieves
* Builds relationships with internal programs and services and acts
as a liaison between external referral sources and internal
* Tracks outreach activities in agency Salesforce CRM or tracking
* Creates and implements new marketing strategies and plans to
achieve targets and expand customer base.
* Participates in Community Engagement team meetings and
participates in team huddles.
* Develops annual account plans and quarterly outreach plan to
develop market to support achievement of corporate goals.
* Completes required documentation.
* Assists client with linkage to intake and assessment
* Organizes health home intake assessment days at community partner
* Participates in presentations to advance relationships with key
* Conducts educational sessions including group education,
one-on-one education and provides input on developing new
* Provides excellent customer services and takes initiative in
solving problems and creating solutions for customer. Locates and
participates in Health Fairs, Trade Shows, Conferences and other
events to expand business and increase awareness and visibility.
Evening and weekend work may be required.
* Responds to complaints and effectively handles to resolution.
* Keeps abreast of competitive intelligence and shares information
with Community Engagement team.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/GED, Bachelor's
Minimum Work Related Experience: 2-4 years
Keywords: Sun River Health, New Rochelle , Community Outreach Coordinator Level 1, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!