Child Care Worker
Company: Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
In partnership with the NYC Administration for Childrens
Services (ACS), Sheltering Arms has launched a new program that
will serve as an Annex for the Nicholas Scoppetta Childrens Center
pre-placement program for children entering the foster care system.
- This new Bronx-based short-term, residential program serving
young children between the ages of 0 to 12 years old, will be
called the Childrens Center Annex. - The Childrens Center Annex
provides a home-like, co-ed, developmentally appropriate setting
for younger children, including sibling groups. The Annex is
designed to be warm, colorful, and child-friendly, and staff will
be trained in trauma informed practices allowing them to provide a
nurturing environment for children entering foster care. - -
-Sheltering Arms has several openings for -Full Time Child Care
Workers -Shifts Available: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm and Over Nights
11pm-7am -to supervise and provide care, direction and guidance to
infants, toddlers and children up to age 12, assist with the record
keeping and perform duties necessary for the overall care and
well-being of the children in the program.Essential Functions
- Manages groups with a focus on age appropriate activities and
- Develops healthy and helping relationships with children and
- Participates in individual activities, program logs, -and group
activities such as games and trips.
- Logs all reports, including incident reports, and inform the
Caseworker, Mental Health Clinician -and supervisors of any issues
related to children.
- Provides basic care to infants, toddlers and children in
program including meals and snacks, as well as attending to
developmental, health and safety needs.
- Drive the children to and from the facility for school and/or
various appointments. -
- Facility related tasks
- May be required to do mandated overtime
- Other related task that may be assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid NYS Drivers License and clean driving record (full time
- Experience working with children and some college
- Possess a strong belief in peoples ability to grow and
- Successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
and TCI refresher training.
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the
job. -Salary: - $20.50/hrIt is the policy of Sheltering Arms that
the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all
employees and applicants for employment without unlawful
discrimination as to an individuals perceived or actual race,
creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status,
gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status,
partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or
veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not
limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and
apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading,
transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions
of employment.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc., New Rochelle , Child Care Worker, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!