Systems Engineer - MBSE
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector (NGMS) is a leading
global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled
mission systems. Northrop Grumman's Bethpage location has served as
a vital location throughout the history of the company. Opening in
1936, it served as the main headquarters for the Grumman
Corporation - the central location for projects such as the Lunar
Module and the F-14 Tomcat. Our employees have made significant
historical contributions and are continuing to shape the future.
The selected individual will work a fully Model Based Systems
Engineering (MBSE) approach for systems engineering and be
responsible for supporting MBSE strategy and implementation over
the Architecture model. What You Will Do:
- Help to drive organizational change by driving Digital
Transformation and Model-Based Everything (MB(X)) approaches.
- Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing
content within the architecture.
- Develop descriptive system models to include
logical/physical/functional block diagrams at various abstraction
layers to support Model-Based Engineering (MBE) and Model-Based
Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts.
- Collaborate with other members of the technical staff, program
office, and government customers.
- Work independently and across multi-disciplined/multi-site
teams to architect, model, simulate, and analyze systems to
predict/verify system performance against functional/capability
- Demonstrate a Systems Thinking mindset.
- Be capable of understanding a complex problem, developing an
approach to solve it, and implementing that approach.
- Duties may extend to include one or more of: developing system
specifications derived from customer requirements, data analysis,
algorithm development, system issue resolution, test
derivation/validation, as well as design and modeling tasks.
- Travel will be required for meetings and program support,
particularly at the start of program support. Basic Qualifications:
Systems Engineer (2+ years of related engineering experience with a
Bachelor's degree, 0 years with an Masters degree)
- Experience with requirements development, systems requirements
analysis and requirements management
- Experience preparing and presenting technical content to
internal and/or external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word,
- U.S. Citizenship (cannot be dual citizen), with the ability to
obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Security clearance, and the
ability to obtain approval for Special Access Program (SAP). A
current active clearance is desired. Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering ( MBSE ),
tools, techniques, and concepts; e.g., Cameo model development
- Experience in MBSE techniques including requirements
management; interface control and verification; logical, physical
and functional architecture; trade studies; and analysis of
- Understanding of System Modeling Language ( SysML ), Unified
Modeling Language ( UML ), or other descriptive constructs/tools.
- Experience with radar systems, particularly: data analysis,
requirements analysis, mode design and development and/or signal
and data processing.
- Experience with techniques associated multiple target tracking
(e.g. Kalman filtering, multiple hypothesis logic)
- Extensive knowledge of Cameo Enterprise Architect or IBM
- Experience with DoDAF & Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
standards and methods
- Experience with DOORS requirements management
- Experience using tools to model large systems with multiple
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience performing system verification and validation
- Experience in an integration and test environment
- Proficiency with engineering programming languages (e.g.,
C/C++, MATLAB, Python)
- Experience with physics-based model or simulation development
Salary Range: $82,400 USD - $123,600 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, New Rochelle , Systems Engineer - MBSE, Other , Bethpage, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!