Medicaid Managed Care Liaison
Company: Good Shepherd
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more
than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each
year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for
success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every
person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever
form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by
Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work
environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our
mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help
make a difference!
NOTE: As a NYC contracted agency all positions at Good Shepherd
Services fall under the NYC vaccine mandate. All employees,
volunteers and interns must show proof of vaccination upon
Salary: $40,000 to $45,000
For Full Time Employees Benefits/Perks:
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off (Including 5 Self-Care Days/Floating
Holidays, 12 Sick Days, 15 Vacation Days, and 11 Holidays)
* Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Pet Care)
* 403(b) Plan (GSS contributes 3% of your salary to your 403(b)
plan after 3 years of service, with contributions increasing over
Candidates hired in this position will work in person but will have
the flexibility to work remotely when program need allows
Under the supervision of the Health Services Manager and in
cooperation with all other agency personnel, Managed Care Liaison
will coordinate with the Medicaid Managed Care Plans (MMCPs).
Primarily the role is to ensure that there is a highly-coordinated
approach between Good Shepherd Services and the Medicaid Managed
Reports to: HEALTH SERVICES MANAGER, HEALTH SERVICES
Location: New York City, Various Locations
Hours: 35 Hours, Exempt
* Coordinate with the various MMCPs foster care
* Inform and coordinate with the MMCP when a child's primary care
provider needs to be changed
* Primary contact person for the MMCP to assist with the
enrollment, disenrollment, and transitions.
* Ensure youth maintain eligibility for insurance. Resolve
* Immediate issuance of a Welcome Letter and replace/provide
insurance Identification card.
* Securing identification showing the effective enrollment date
(including immediate temporary identification)
* Assist with foster care placement changes including ensuring
access to health care and facilitating a single case agreement when
a child is placed outside of the MMCPs service area or provider
* Internal Collaboration is critical, and the Medicaid Managed Care
Liaison will ensure that nursing and care coordination staff are
aware of which plan a youth is in and which providers are in
network so that children can be referred for needed services.
* Ensure information is entered into systems of record including
but not limited to Evolv and Connections.
* Assist staff with coordination of benefits,
* Maintain confidentiality of participants.
* Other duties as requested
* High school diploma at minimum.
* Experience, Expertise, and Knowledge of the child welfare system,
foster care healthcare requirements, the unique complex needs of
foster care population, and Medicaid Managed Care policies and
* Ability to clearly communication both in writing and verbally
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural
organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome
prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative
support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us
on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our
mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative
leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we
work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and
welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants,
volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender
expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our
activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Keywords: Good Shepherd, New Rochelle , Medicaid Managed Care Liaison, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!