Visitor Services Supervisor
Company: New York Botanical Garden
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Visitor Services Supervisor is responsible for logistical
planning and execution of daytime and evening events as related to
Visitor Services. - Works with the Visitor Services management team
and other onsite department leads to ensure event set-up to
breakdown is managed to exacting standards. Will assist the Visitor
Services Department with the management and supervision of all
point-of-sale functions including staffing, cash control, and
customer service issues. Play an active role in training and
mentoring the department's attendants, tram drivers, and team
leaders.Additionally, this position supports, through actions and
conduct, NYBG's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive
organizational culture throughout the institution.Specific Duties
- Manage Visitor Services staff for daytime and evening events.
Assist with training junior staff on tram, staff shuttle, and other
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of customer service
related to the visitor experience.
- Coordinate daytime and evening set up of events with Public
Education and other participating departments.
- Facilitate communication between departments on Garden-wide
events and activities.
- Execute event logistics as outlined in operations reports.
- Greet visitors and manage crowd flow throughout the
- Respond to radio calls, change requests, and serve as POS
back-up as needed.
- Oversee and perform daily cash deposit reconciliation and
- Compile written summaries of the day's events for senior
- Perform other duties as specified and needed by department
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role with cash handling,
sales, and customer service experience required.
- Position requires a flexible and rotating schedule. Must work
weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights as needed.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational
skills; articulate and energetic; ability to work with the public,
other employees, and vendors.
- Self-motivated, team player and able to take initiative and
- Ability to work under pressure; maintain a level head and
exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions, and to be
outdoors, and to sit and/or stand for long periods required.
- Motor vehicle driver's license valid in New York State
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to move 50 lbs. required.EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with
Keywords: New York Botanical Garden, New Rochelle , Visitor Services Supervisor, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!