Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Vertex Global Solutions
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
Location: South Bronx, NY.
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000/yr.
Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Specialist will be
responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by
receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
prior to payment
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and
distribute checks accordingly
- Match checks with invoices, mail checks and file backup
- Pay all produce bills/ non produce bills
- Call and/or email vendors for invoices when needed
- Pay bills in a timely manner, to ensure excellent blue book
- Research short pays/balances to ensure full payments are
- Research any differences with invoice and resolve with
- Pay international vendors and do wire transfers.
- Apply credit ONLY if invoice is over paid.
- Deduct payment if product is returned and unaccepted.
- Work very closely with the purchasing department.
- Every Friday print ALL checks.
- Paid invoices are boxed away every 3 months.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in
accordance with company policy and accepted accounting
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Ensure all payments are made out to out of correct
- Give invoices to department managers for approval.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, high degree
of accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to
- Possess strong organizational and time management
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles
knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills,
data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general
ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced
and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as
percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division quickly and accurately.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of various collection techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Keywords: Vertex Global Solutions, New Rochelle , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!