Posted on: September 21, 2022
Starting Hourly Rate / Salario por Hora Inicial: $17.00 USD
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us
create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!" When
you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in
everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team that
brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT
Advocates of guest experience who welcome, thank, and exceed guest
service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery.
Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who
are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive
adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make
shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes,
guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful
experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Guest Advocate can provide you with the:
- Ability to communicate and interact with guests to build an
inclusive guest experience
- Ability to blend problem solving and decision making to
positively impact the guest experience and resolve guest
- Ability to adapt to different guest interactions and
- Experience promoting and selling various benefits, offerings
As a Guest Advocate, no two days are ever the same, but a typical
day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting, every
guest every time.
- Make a connection with guests by engaging in friendly and
genuine conversation throughout each transaction; asking open ended
questions about the guest's shopping experience and using those
questions to assess, understand, and determine how to tailor your
- Welcome guests into self-checkout and provide assistance as
- Scan and bag all guest items efficiently, neatly, and in
compliance with food safety standards and company best
- Work efficiently to minimize guest wait time while maintaining
guest service and accuracy.
- Make the guest aware of current and upcoming brand launches,
store activities, and events.
- Speak to the benefits of the REDcard with every guest and
assist them through the application process.
- Understand and show guests how to use Wallet and the other
features and offerings within the Target App.
- Be familiar with all fulfillment services, and know how to
direct the guest to enroll, activate, and use them.
- Attempt every return and follow register prompts, be empowered
to make it right for the guest while following Targets policies and
- Make it right for the guest by de-escalating any negative
situations and recover the guest shopping experience while
following Target's policies and procedures.
- Deliver easy and seamless service to all Order Pick Up, Drive
Up, Registry, and Photo guests.
- Maintain a clean, clutter free work area (including gathering
abandoned items, baskets, and hangers)
- Stock supplies during store open hours while being available
for the guest.
- Say thank you after every guest interaction and be sure every
guest leaves satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you
excited.... We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE
TARGET! excites you.... That's why we love working at Target
- You enjoy interacting with people all day and making things
easy for others.... Interacting with guests, solving concerns and
making the guests day better is core of what we do
- You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at
a computer all day... We are busy all day (especially on the
weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help
teach you everything you need to know to be a Guest Advocate. But
there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Communicating effectively, including using positive language
and attentive to guests needs
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Willing to educate guests and sell products and services
- Learn and adapt to evolving technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we
want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we
- Accurately handle cash register operations and cash
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely,
including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds
and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays)
and regular attendance necessary
- Guest Advocate (Cashier)
- Front of Store Attendant (Cart Attendant)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified
sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the
application process upon your request as required to comply with
applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in
this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or
Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at
1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Keywords: Target, New Rochelle , Guest Advocate, Other , Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!