Senior Rackets Investigator
Company: Office of the District Attorney, Bronx County
Posted on: September 21, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:The Bronx District Attorneys Office is seeking a
well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds reflect an ability
to serve the over 1.3 million members of the Bronx County community
and pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. Under supervision,
with latitude for independent judgment and initiative, the Senior
Investigator is responsible for conducting a wide variety of
investigations. This is a sworn police officer position which
requires an experienced candidate. The candidate must meet all
qualifications to be certified, as a police officer, in the NYS
DCJS Police registry. This position requires the successful
completion of police academy training in New York State and
requires applicants to pass a mandatory background check to carry a
firearm. - -JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Specific duties will include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct thorough and professional investigations in a discreet
manner as assigned
- Execute search warrants and effect arrests
- Participate in court-ordered electronic eavesdropping
- Mentor and assist junior investigators when appropriate
- Continuing case management and review
- Provide on-going status updates to the D/C and Chief Detective
- Ability to access and utilize various computer databases
- Ability to liaison with other law enforcement agencies and
government and financial institutions.
- Assist investigators and Assistant District Attorneys in
preparation for court proceedings
- Testify before grand or petit juries regarding
- Conduct complex and highly confidential investigations and
- Assist and mentor investigators in the use of electronic and
technical equipment (e.g., Audio equipment, plate reader, LoJack
tracking device, mobile digital terminals, and surveillance
- Prepare reports and maintains records of activities and
- Participate in protective details and locate, transport, and
- Assist and mentor Rackets Investigators, suggest work methods;
monitor progress and prepare and review reports Participate in
extraditions and related travelEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent and three years
of full-time, paid experience in police enforcement or
investigative work, one year of which must have been in rackets or
police investigative work
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1".
However, all candidates are required to have one year of full-time,
paid experience in rackets, or police investigative work.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college is preferred.
- The ideal candidate must have a valid certificate of completion
from a New York State Basic Course for Police Officers academy or
must be eligible to attend and complete a Police Officer Refresher
- All applicants must possess a valid NY State drivers license
and be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as
- Must pass a psychological and physical exam and a background
- Must be qualified to Carry a Firearm
- Prior experience working within the New York City criminal
justice system and/or experience as a police officer within the
State of New York is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and investigative experience in one or more
of the following areas is preferred: homicides, robberies, grand
larceny, financial crimes, fraud, and identity theft.
- As per NY Public Officers Law 2, -3-B, U.S. citizenship
- -Five or more years of full-time paid employment as defined in
CPL -1.20, within the State of New York. -
- Prior experience working in the NYC Criminal Justice system
and/or Police Officer within New York State.
- Accredited police academy certification or eligibility for
- Experienced in developing informants and locating
- Strong technical computer skills using a variety of
applications for law enforcement.
- Experienced in surveillance techniques including photography
and videotaping skills.
- Experienced in conducting lineups and photo arrays.
- Experienced in effective interviewing techniques.
- Understanding of best practices in police operations and
- Ability to memorialize events, interviews and investigative
actions through strong writing skills.
- Ability and experience in conducting large scale narcotics
- Experience in the execution of eavesdropping warrants.
- Familiarity with CALEA; SYTECH system; Title III requirements.
- -HOURS/SHIFTNote: Due to the nature of the work performed and the
needs of the agency, incumbents may be required to work nights,
weekends, and holidays.POST UNTIL: - -The City of New York is an
inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and
retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that
is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally
protected status or protected characteristic, including but not
limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national
origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran
status, gender identity, or pregnancy. -
Keywords: Office of the District Attorney, Bronx County, New Rochelle , Senior Rackets Investigator, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!