Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Performs ultrasound exams for interpretation to aid in patient
diagnosis. Utilizes independent judgment in the application of
non-ionizing, high frequency ultrasonic waves for diagnosis of
disease. Collaborates with clinicians to ensure appropriateness of
studies and performs related administrative tasks.
- Prepares patient for ultrasound exam; Positions patient on
examination table according to departmental standard operating
procedures; explains procedures in layman*s terms to relieve
patient of pre-testing anxiety.
- Obtains pertinent imaging and diagnostic reports required for
correlation with ultrasound exam being performed; consults with
referring physician regarding patient history and to determine
appropriate ultrasound exam required.
- Sets-up equipment to administer particular exam in a timely
fashion; uses settings on machines to assure accurate results,
using technical judgment.
- Recognizes significance of structures visualized in the
oscilloscope and differentiates artifacts from normal or pathologic
processes; determines need for more extensive evaluations beyond
- Observes patient during entire examination. Recognizes and
reports any changes in patient*s condition and/or motor abnormality
complaints by patient including: fainting, discoloration, etc. in
accordance with procedures.
- Documents image details and labels study; maintains records and
logs exams performed.
- Performs minor repairs and frequent calibration checks and
adjusts ultrasound equipment, when necessary and troubleshoots
mechanical problems of the equipment by performing minor repairs as
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Vocational or Technical school Diploma required.
- Current Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification
required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Rochelle , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Bethpage, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!