Community Relations Coordinator
Company: Resolutions & Strategies Group
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Responsibilities and Tasks*
*Meetings and attendance*
* Expected to work every Tuesday evening, possibly other weeknights
and weekends, particularly Saturdays.
* Participate in all required supervisory, team and staff
* Attend meetings, events, and other community based activities
with community stakeholders.
* Meet with community stakeholders at their developments.
* One on one conversations and meetings with community
*Working with people*
* Mediates disputes between parties and keeps a project moving
forward towards its goal.
* Work with people with very strong personalities and help each see
the other's point of view.
* Collaborative team working style with ability to relate
effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and experience
working with underserved populations.
* Experience maintaining personal/professional boundaries and
managing stress constructively.
* Identify opportunities and develop strategies to cultivate
partnerships and build trust with tenants, community groups /
leaders, local organizations, businesses, associations, school
districts and local elected officials.
* Provide mobile advocacy and community engagement as needed
* Facilitate communication through a variety of means (email,
phone, in person, website) to ensure participants are informed of
opportunities to engage
* Convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas
accurately, audibly, and quickly.
*Preferred Skills & Proficiencies*
* Empowerment-based advocacy/counseling skills, such as assessment
planning, problem solving, crisis intervention and supportive
* Designing and maintaining clear, quantifiable, systems for
tracking policy progress
* Maintain and generate monthly reporting requirements
* Knowledge of community services and resources and how to access
* Preferred Bachelor's in public policy, human services, or related
field or at least three years of experience working within
advocacy, and/or public policy arena.
* Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
as required, based on the needs of the position.
* Bilingual preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
* Flexible schedule
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Resolutions & Strategies Group, New Rochelle , Community Relations Coordinator, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!