Company: AGB Investigative Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Lieutenants oversee the work of Sergeants. Lieutenants are
responsible for the selection, training, supervision, and
discipline of subordinate staff. Plans, organizes, oversees, and
coordinates the daily activities of a designated operational
division. Manages supervisory personnel who provide personal, real
property, and equipment security at each worksite, ensuring
consistent and equitable enforcement of AGB policies and
procedures. Reviews and approves reports on incident and crime
investigations. This position requires knowledge and understanding
of daily operations and AGB's policies and procedures.
* Manages a specific operational division; relays orders and
messages from superior.
* Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work
allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures
and controls, and problem resolution.
* Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and
* Interprets policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and
* Reviews daily shift reports and logbooks to ascertain that
information is recorded in conformance with regulations and
determines the need for follow-up.
* Assists subordinates in performance of duties; reviews cases with
subordinates as appropriate and provides guidance and
* Participates as a member of various committees, including
departmental hiring and promotion, and may assist in developing and
communicating departmental operating procedures.
* Represents the organization at various community and/or business
meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new
programs and/or policies.
* Implements, disciplines, and enforces standard operating
procedures and policies for assigned staff.
* Assists with the communication of policies, company announcements
and job openings.
* Provides leadership, training, supervision and manages
performance of assigned staff.
* Attends training and supervisory meetings.
* Interviews and fills open positions and may assist in processing
new security personnel.
* Leads by example and establishes an environment that promotes
*P*rofessionalism *A*ccountability *Communication Teamwork
* Monitors scheduling to assure efficient and effective use of
personnel and budget resources.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
_The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the
assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list
of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or
those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. test certificate required.
Associate degree preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in security, military, or law
* Minimum of 3 years' security management experience.
* United States citizenship.
* 21 years of age at the time of application submission.
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics*
* Active listening skills.
* Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively.
* Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques in area
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of populations in a
* Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
* Ability to provide relevant feedback and information necessary
for improving efficiency.
* Demonstrates good attention to detail.
* Ability to audit and edit daily/weekly reports and forms.
* Must maintain strict professionalism and confidentiality in
dealing with sensitive information.
* Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey
information and explain or discuss office policy and procedures
with others in person or by telephone.
* Must be able to multi-task.
* Must follow all AGB policies and procedures.
* Ability to effectively understand and communicate in English
(verbally and in writing).
* Highly accountable, reliable, and prompt, with a strong work
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication
* Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to
* Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
* Neat and professional appearance.
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume
general public (constantly to occasionally depending on
* Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Knowledge of management principles and practices.
* Demonstrates employee development and performance management
* Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
_The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the
minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the
duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The
qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute
employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that
should be considered along with other job-related selection or
_*[This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions
contained in this description. These include, but are not limited
to, the following requirements.]*_
* Ability to sit at a desk for a large portion of the day.
* May require periods of walking throughout the facility.
* Ability to effectively operate and utilize a computer.
* Must be able to work longer hours based on departmental
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various
surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift.
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
* Run as needed.
* Constant use of both hands and arms in
reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad,
writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level
required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers,
view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions
such as cold, rain or heat.
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while
setting priorities and following up on assignments.
* Valid Guard card
* Valid state of New York Drivers' license
* Valid 8hr security training certificate/ Valid 16hr on the job
* Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
* Must be able to work standard hours with occasional weekends
* Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge
document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
* Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,240.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Overnight shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bronx, NY 10474: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
* Guard Card (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: AGB Investigative Services, Inc., New Rochelle , Lieutenant, Other , Bronx, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!